Solutions Software Architect
Katy, Texas 77494 Katy, TX 77494
Oil and Gas Company located in West Houston, Texas is searching for a Solutions Software Architect with a Java, .Net and Oracle background. The Solutions Software Architect will focus on improving business automation through the development of technical solutions. The Solutions Architect is responsible for supporting and leading the design and development of business automation solutions. The architect contributes to the engagement by developing relevant technical architectures and solutions and value propositions.
This role reports directly to the Director of IT Applications and will be responsible for being hands-on product delivery; product strategy, product road mapping migrating applications to the Cloud, operations support and vendor management.
- Industry experience in O/G, supply chain, transportation, and/or logistics
- Experienced managing an enterprise environment with multiple locations and users
- Hands-on with Java, .Net, Oracle JDE and Oracle SOA
- Strategic in road mapping
- Ops support
- Experienced managing Managers and direct reports
- Vendor management
- Mergers & Acquisitions and due diligence background
- Cloud production and migration using Azure and AWS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or other
- Master’s Degree in an IT related field preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in Information Technology with 5-10 years of experience in the design and development of business applications following an industry standard SDLC, Project Management Methodologies and architecture modeling
- 3 years of hands-on delivery of Enterprise level systems as the Lead Architect
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience in several of the following technologies: Java/J2EE, .NET, RDBMS, MS SQL, Oracle, Scripting, Internet Technologies, WebLogic, SOAP, XML
- Experience with Oracle JDE/Other ERP solutions, Oracle SOA/Other SOA platforms, Linux/Unix, Windows
- Experience working with offshore development teams preferred
- Experience with Internet of Things technologies and mobile platforms preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable presenting technical design, technical solutions and enterprise architecture solutions to clients/customers.
- Able to guide and direct management and help strategize and define technology roadmaps.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle and Microsoft solutions and implementations
- Prior responsibility delivering final development of complex business solutions is a must.
- In depth knowledge and experience in the following areas: Development of complex application architectures across multiple platforms AND/OR Three or more enterprise level projects with direct responsibility for technical architecture
- Thorough and solid understanding of enterprise integration patterns and protocols
- Experience with Service Oriented Design, Web Services, messaging solutions and technologies, messaging and transaction management
- Experience with cloud architectures and infrastructure
- Demonstrates strong business minded consultative approach with focus on business process automation and improvement
- Team management skills (matrixed/vendor resources)
- Experience working and interfacing at the C level required
- Work with the Director, Applications and Enterprise Architecture to define and implement key strategic initiatives
- Serve as a technical expert on major business initiatives
- Design, develop, and articulate solutions based on a customer’s strategic business or technical requirements
- Lead the technical implementation with responsibility for the delivery of the technical architecture designs and strategies, developed product, and quality assurance plans
- Work closely with Project Managers and other technical teams in the design, development, and implementation of the technical content defined for the project
- Manage/Oversee multiple vendors through the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). This includes reviewing designs, timelines, code and other deliverables/work products
- Work closely with other architects and IT staff to enhance existing portfolio of applications and their integration with internal as wells as external systems
- Play a key role in defining technology roadmaps and application architecture strategies
- Work with other IT staff and vendors to triage and resolve operational support issues
- Additional duties as assigned
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capability
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership
- Performance driven nature
- Strong presentation skills
- US Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide H1B Visa sponsor at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- No C2C with third party vendors
This company is offering a competitive salary, performance bonus, and full benefits.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com.