Senior Software Developer - REMOTE
Houston, Texas 77056 Houston, TX 77056
Company with a presence in Mississippi is searching for a Senior Lead Software Developer to work remotely, participate in and oversee the development of their industry-leading software. They specifically are searching for a Lead Developer who is intuitive, innovative, creative, and able to maintain organization in a fast-paced ambiguous environment. Their software provides revolutionary, never-been-done-before, "SaaS" for small and large pipeline construction projects across North America. They have developed a proprietary data entry system with intuitive controls, built-in quality assurance, and real-time reporting tools. This company is looking for a dedicated, self-starter who can find a solution to any problem and wants to be a part of setting a new industry standard.
- This is a REMOTE position - Candidate can live anywhere in the USA
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the USA.
- Our client is unable to provide H1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
- Unable to work C2C or with third party vendors
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience
TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Development experience in Node.js, Grunt, and Pug
- ORM experience in Sequelize
- RESTful web service architecture and implementation
- Experience writing applications using relational databases such as T-SQL, PostgreSQL, or SQLite.
- PostgreSQL, relational data modeling, database maintenance, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of Unit testing frameworks and test automation frameworks
- AWS EC2, S3 Scrum and agile development theory
- Mindfulness of UX and UI design
- Git Awareness of software attack models, security features & design, as well as software standards and requirements
- Familiar with configuration management & vulnerability management practices with regards to patching and updating applications, version control, defect tracking and remediation, and incident handling
- Familiar with software application development in a cloud environment, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiar with OWASP Application Security Verification Standard (ASVS) 4.0 or similar
- Prior experience as a Software Development Team Lead
- Previous experience providing architectural and technical guidance
- Will be responsible for providing technical support
- Will be responsible for conduct and lead code reviews, requirement definition and management
- Will help formulate, prioritize, and schedule releases
- Act as an interface between management and development team
- Will be responsible for mindfulness of security, disaster recovery, and high availability develops software as well as integrates security into software during the course of design and development.
- Experience at working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Highly logical.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Confident in speaking out and pushing back when necessary.
Salary range $100-125K with full benefits.
Please send your resume in MS Word format and your salary requirements to email@example.com
Meet Your Recruiter
President | HeadHunter | Technical Recruiter
Marie is a native Houstonian and has put her energy in building ProFound’s business relationships. She has specialized in IT and software development recruiting in the Houston area since 1999. You will often hear Marie tell people to “get-into-our-circle” because she knows people, companies and she’s working on new jobs all the time. As a professional networker, Marie practices good habits in business development, recruiting, customer service, working with a sense of urgency to help people. She believes in having a foundation of long term relationships in order to be a successful Business Owner, Recruiter and Business Developer.