Senior Desktop Engineer
Houston, Texas 77056 Houston, TX 77056
Financial Services company located in the Galleria area of Houston, Texas is searching for a Senior Desktop Engineer to join their team. The Desktop Engineer’s primary responsibility is to design, architect, manage and maintain end users’ desktop platform. The Desktop Engineer creates operating system images, performs operating system upgrades and software patches, deploys applications, and maintenance of the SCCM/Intune infrastructure. The Engineer will have a broad knowledge of Windows operating systems. The Desktop Engineer will also assist in resolving tier-3 support incidents and training of Desktop technicians. Candidate will document, maintain, and improve standard processes around desktop management. This person must exhibit task and time management skills, oral and written communication skills, technical expertise, and dedication to resolve problems effectively. Architecting solutions for desktop hardware and software.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and certifications
- Proficiency with Microsoft support tools, such as but not limited to SCCM, Intune and Active Directory. – required.
- Advanced knowledge of patch management and software distribution. – required
- Working knowledge of Windows Active Directory and Group Policy is required
- Critical thinker – Ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using industry best practices and procedures – required.
- 3 or more years of experience working with desktop imaging and application deployment
- Root cause identification and remediation on various hardware and software platforms
- Ability to troubleshoot and interpret system logs
- Working knowledge of encryption technologies like Bitlocker and DLP solutions
- Ability to create custom GPO
- Ability to install, configure & maintain Windows operating systems
- Ability to automate tasks by scripting (PowerShell, VBScript, batch)
- Ability to configure the Registry and file system
- Windows Server and VMWare experience is a plus
- Plan and implement Microsoft Intune and Autopilot strategy.
- Work closely with teams to define the company’s overall desktop strategy.
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to software or hardware and implement solutions.
- Create operating system images, operating system upgrades, patches, and deploy applications.
- Ensure the company remains secure and compliant by applying any needed security updates.
- Effectively communicate problems and their solutions to respective support teams.
- Work with global teams to deploy standard images
- Keeping up with latest desktop technologies
- Maintain global hardware standards for desktops and laptops
- Assist with resolving tier-3 support incidents.
- Document, maintain and improve standard processes in desktop management
- Resolve problems effectively and efficiently to minimize users’ disruptions
- Create SCCM or Intune reports
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide H1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Unable to work C2C or with third party vendors
This is a W2 contract-to-hire position.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
President | HeadHunter | Technical Recruiter
Marie is a native Houstonian and has put her energy in building ProFound’s business relationships. She has specialized in IT and software development recruiting in the Houston area since 1999. You will often hear Marie tell people to “get-into-our-circle” because she knows people, companies and she’s working on new jobs all the time. As a professional networker, Marie practices good habits in business development, recruiting, customer service, working with a sense of urgency to help people. She believes in having a foundation of long term relationships in order to be a successful Business Owner, Recruiter and Business Developer.