Senior Data Scientist
Cockeysville, Maryland 21030 Cockeysville, MD 21030
Client with offices in Baltimore, Maryland and Seattle, Washington has a need to hire a Senior Data Scientist with a blended background in data science, UX research, data visualization, business analysis and software development. This person will work on a team that will be kicking off some major projects for the company.
Remote & Return to-Work:
- This is a remote position at this time.
- Candidate will be expected to RTO on-site when restrictions are lifted.
Top preferred skills for the position:
- Ontological sciences
- Time Series analysis
- Enterprise level work experience
- Forecasting experience
- Experience with Azure and streaming analytics
- Financial services industry experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of industry experience in a related role and an advanced degree in a related field
- Minimum of 4-5 years of industry experience in a related role and an undergraduate degree in a related field
- Optionally yet preferred candidates have familiarity with marketing, advertising, and/or broadcast industries
- Specialize in one or more areas of advanced research and continually stay informed on new research relevant to our business.
- Exceptional communicator able to articulate the benefits of a proposed solution to internal and external stakeholders.
- Steward of knowledge. You maintain detailed research notes. You document your solution approaches for others to re-create. The format of documentation could include internal wiki articles, product design specifications, cast studies, industry whitepapers, patent documents, publications, etc.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Scripting languages such as R, SAS, Spark
- Relational languages such as SQL, RDF, SPARQL
- Data formats including XML, JSON, CSV, Graphs, etc.
- Statistical analysis for the design of experiments
- Analysis of variance and correlational designs.
- Machine learning for supervised learning.
- Timeseries forecasting.
- Mathematical optimization for systems of equations.
- Simulation using sampling techniques.
- Work with business stakeholders from across the company to analyze problems and implement solutions
- Work with data across the complete analytical life cycle to build hypothetical models containing key assumptions, create mock-ups, prototype approaches, and implement production solutions
- Querying and analyzing data using a holistic perspective
- Look for and consider patterns in data in order to find opportunities working alongside our Product Development, Process Management, or Engineering teams
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide H1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Unable to work C2C or with third party vendors
This is a direct hire position with full benefits.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
President | HeadHunter | Technical Recruiter
Marie is a native Houstonian and has put her energy in building ProFound’s business relationships. She has specialized in IT and software development recruiting in the Houston area since 1999. You will often hear Marie tell people to “get-into-our-circle” because she knows people, companies and she’s working on new jobs all the time. As a professional networker, Marie practices good habits in business development, recruiting, customer service, working with a sense of urgency to help people. She believes in having a foundation of long term relationships in order to be a successful Business Owner, Recruiter and Business Developer.