Senior Data Engineer
Cockeysville, MD 21030 Cockeysville, MD 21030
Nationwide Company with an office in Baltimore, Maryland has a need to hire a Senior Data Engineer with a blended background in either as a Software Developer with experience in data interpretation OR a Business Analyst with experience in software development focused in process automation. This person will work on a team that will be kicking off some major projects for the company.
Remote & Return to-Work:
- This is a remote position at this time.
- Candidate will be expected to RTO onsite when restrictions are lifted.
- 4-year college degree required
Top preferred skills for the position:
- Experience with Cloud platforms (Azure preferred)
- Experience with data integrations and migration (Data Lakes – preferred)
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Familiar with the modern cloud data platforms (Azure preferred but AWS is ok).
- In particular, experience in some of the following is preferred:
- Azure Data Lake (Analytics and Storage)
- Data Warehouse / Synapse Analytics / Amazon Redshift
- Data Factory, Logic Apps, Data Bricks
- 2+ years of data taxonomy, BI, data migration or Data Lake integration experience
- Proven experience using one or more data modeling tools (including, but not limited to, SQL, Spark, ElasticSearch, Hive, Azure Data Lake, BigQuery, etc.)
- Experience with data visualization tools (including, but not limited to, Matplot, Splunk, Kibana, DataStudio, Tableau, Cognos, etc.)
- Experience with Consumer telemetry, infrastructure monitoring, and process improvement preferred
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence experience preferred
- Thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity
- Integrate data within Corporate Data Lake and Enterprise Data Warehouse environments; maintain data warehouse
- Migrate legacy data components to future state environments
- Analyze application and infrastructure performance data in order to prevent, detect, and mitigate company center incidents
- Create and maintain a data broker layer for orchestrating company center telemetry messages
- Create a Consumer telemetry layer
- Establish metadata taxonomy and data governance standards
- Build scalable, high performance infrastructure for delivering clear business insights from raw data sources
- Responsible for designing, building, testing, integrating, managing, and optimizing data
- Responsible for data format, resilience, scaling, and security
- Track operations and constantly look for ways to make things work better, faster, and smoother
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide H1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Unable to work C2C or with third party vendors
This is a direct hire position with full benefits and flexible work schedule.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Your Recruiter
President | HeadHunter | Technical Recruiter
Marie is a native Houstonian and has put her energy in building ProFound’s business relationships. She has specialized in IT and software development recruiting in the Houston area since 1999. You will often hear Marie tell people to “get-into-our-circle” because she knows people, companies and she’s working on new jobs all the time. As a professional networker, Marie practices good habits in business development, recruiting, customer service, working with a sense of urgency to help people. She believes in having a foundation of long term relationships in order to be a successful Business Owner, Recruiter and Business Developer.