Sparks, Maryland 21152 Sparks Glencoe, MD 21152
Company located in Sparks, Maryland is searching for a QA Tester to join their technical team and help them test their web applications. Candidate will be required to perform manual and automated testing on those web applications.
- Previous experience testing software or a similar engagement with software systems and you might have technical skills that you can use to assist in your testing.
- Previous experience in manual and automated testing.
- Automated testing skills in Selenium
- Skilled in SQL.
- Skilled in MS Excel
- Understand features required for new software development.
- Clarify ambiguities in business or functional requirements.
- Identify success criteria and prioritize test requirements.
- Create a plan for testing application features and carry out the plan.
- Verify, report, and track defects found in testing and confirm resolution of defects.
- Revise testing scope and approach based upon test results and/or changes in product design.
- Develop knowledge of modern test and software development methodologies.
DAY TO DAY SUMMARY:
- Work closely with project managers and the software development team to understand how features in a software development project should function and who will use them
- Create test scenarios designed to verify functionality and to challenge how well a feature set meets the expectations for its design
- Identify issues potentially affecting the quality of a feature and to provide clear information to assist in decision-making related to these software products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Candidate should possess a natural curiosity about how a system should function and will eagerly learn how to conduct good software testing to contribute to the development of quality software.
- Skilled utilizing computer systems in a Windows-based environment.
- Skilled at communicating issues in verbal and written form and can clearly articulate the status of tasks or results.
- Experienced using basic functions in MS Excel.
- Basic knowledge of database concepts or a structured query language - SQL.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Detailed and abstract levels.
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting capability.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the USA.
- Unable to provide H1B Visa Sponsorship.
- Unable to work C2C.
- Unable to offer relocation assistance
This is a 6-month Contract-to-Hire with the possibility to go longer.
Please send your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Your Recruiter
President | HeadHunter | Technical Recruiter
Marie is a native Houstonian and has put her energy in building ProFound’s business relationships. She has specialized in IT and software development recruiting in the Houston area since 1999. You will often hear Marie tell people to “get-into-our-circle” because she knows people, companies and she’s working on new jobs all the time. As a professional networker, Marie practices good habits in business development, recruiting, customer service, working with a sense of urgency to help people. She believes in having a foundation of long term relationships in order to be a successful Business Owner, Recruiter and Business Developer.