QA Automation Architect - Part Time
Houston, Texas 77008 Houston, TX 77008
Software Company located in the Houston Heights area is searching for a QA Architect – UI Automation professional to help them set-up QA automation framework to reduce testing time. Company prefers a Software Developer that crossed over to QA automation testing for the role and has the ability to evaluate current testing environment and create and build a robust test automation framework to create, execute and maintain test automation scripts.
The QA Architect/ UI Automation professional will collaborate across functional teams (developers, QA engineers, and others) to create new tools, implement new frameworks and conduct proof of concepts for new technologies. This individual will report directly to and work closely with the QA Director to define the test automation strategy and process, bringing automation in line with the existing functional/ regression aspect of the current test effort.
Degree in a computing related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in software development, application and infrastructure, systems integration, application implementation.
- Proven technical experience in developing, maintaining and optimizing automated tests.
- Ability to create scripts beyond record and playback using C#. Specifically developing functions, libraries, adding control flow logic, loops and error handling etc.
- Proven experience implementing n-tier software solutions.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, design and debugging skills.
- Solid understanding and familiarity with Visual Studio for Web testing/ automation.
- Experience testing ASP.NET, .NET 2+, SQL, Windows GUI.
- Experience with Load/ Performance testing tools.
- Excellent understanding of software design techniques and STLC.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of Xamarin Test Cloud for mobile UI testing (nice to have)
- Implement and develop concise and easy to maintain test scripts that can be reused across a sub-system or feature.
- Design and create test scripts using C# to address areas such as database impacts, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests and usability in preparation for implementation or deployment.
- Own the overall technical roadmap of automated testing solutions in collaboration with Architecture, Development/QA and Product teams.
- Design/develop and maintain KPI driven testing/automation/performance framework(s) for continuous improvement.
- Strong understanding of application architecture to suggest tool/process optimization.
- Develop and maintain load & performance testing/ create metrics as and when required.
- US Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide H1-B Visa sponsor at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- No C2C
Client anticipates this assignment to last between 6 months to 1 year. W2 contract assignment only with 10-20 hours per week.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.