Pre-sales Solutions Specialist
Houston, Texas 77056 Houston, TX 77056
Consulting Company in the Houston Galleria area is searching for a Pre-Sales Solutions Specialist with a background in Microsoft solutions. The Solutions Specialist is responsible for providing technical expertise and developing the technology solutions corresponding to pre-sales opportunities. The Solution Specialist will work in a highly collaborative environment creating customer proposals for the Software & DevOps practice and, in some cases, assist in presenting the proposals to potential customers. The Solutions Specialist will align with the Technology department and be viewed as a consultative resource for their potential customers. The Solutions Specialist will need to leverage their strong technical background in software and enjoy the challenge of taking business initiatives and technical requirements to create sound business cases.
- Someone that is self-driven, disciplined, have a “take ownership” attitude, along with an eagerness and willingness to learn technology.
- Someone that has pre-sales experience in Microsoft solutions - custom software development projects.
- Bachelors’ degree in STEM (Programming, Engineering, Life Sciences, Accounting, Psychology, Statistics) or related field is preferred
- 5+ years Technical Pre-Sales / Sales Engineering / Technical Solutions or Architect experience or equivalent experience in a high-tech environment – Practitioners are welcome as well
- Should have a sound understanding of:
- SDLC & Software modernization lifecycle
- Public clouds and application development platforms
- Cloud native software architectures
- DevOps and CI/CD and toolchains
- Experience with creating and presenting software solutions to mid-size and large dynamic enterprise companies
- Understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections and assist in the development of business cases
- Above average problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Outstanding customer handling skills preferably in delivery roles
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills with a high degree of attention to detail and an engaging presentation style that inspires confidence
- A high work ethic and a desire to learn new skills, develop additional expertise and improve personally
Lead Microsoft Alliance Partnership & Co-Sell with Microsoft Teams
- Build and deepen relationships with the Microsoft Customer Teams (AE, CTS, SSP, TSP, or other specialists or sales leadership) for assigned geography, segment or industry vertical
- Partner with Microsoft Customer Teams and jointly engage with customers to identify, develop, and advance Azure Software Development, Azure App Modernization, & DevOps opportunities
- Lead the co-sell opportunity lifecycle, orchestrate collaboration between the company & Microsoft Teams, jointly secure Cloud Transformation wins and drive customer’s success with Azure
Inspire Customers & Become Cloud Transformation Advisor
- Serve as a domain expert in software & DevOps and technical lead on strategic client relationships
Lead Pre-Sales, Solution Engineering, & Assessment Engagements
- Support the sales process by securing the technical conversion and designing client deliverables, based on an understanding of client needs and the company’s capabilities
- Participation in workshops/seminars/ sales and marketing events for all pre-sales efforts onsite as and when required
Engage in Continuous Learning & Thought Leadership
- Engage in self or team learning, classroom coaching, experimenting with technology, and reading on Azure features, development methodologies, libraries, tools etc. to acquire and expand on your Azure, Software & DevOps expertise and knowledge
- Continually seeks out new Azure, Software and DevOps technologies, be at forefront of evolving cloud software technologies, trends, solutions, or architecture, and apply knowledge and skills to facilitate and enable customer’s Cloud Transformation
- Engage with technical and business community, be seen as thought leader within your specialty, and share your skills, knowledge, and experiences with the community, through conferences, social media, blogging and other means.
Develop Proposals or RFP Responses, & C-Suite Business-Cases
- Work closely with key client executive decision makers on product evaluations and proof of concepts to ensure the solutions meets client objectives
- Provide accurate reporting to the business for all opportunities, including updating Salesforce
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States
- Unable to work with third-party vendors
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
Company is offering a competitive salary and full benefits on this position.
Please send your resume in MS Word format and your salary requirements to email@example.com