Mechanical Project Manager
Texas City, Texas 77568 Texas City, TX 77568 US
Manufacturing Company located in the La Marque & Texas City area is searching for a Project Manager with experience in managing machining and fabrication projects for a manufacturing company.
- Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineer with experience working for a manufacturing company.
- Project management experience managing fabricated and machining focused projects specifically in LDPE high-pressure piping, pressure vessels, standard piping, Syngas burners, and process skids.
- Experienced working with customers in the petrochemical, refining, power and industrial industries.
- Experienced serving as a liaison between internal operational and production teams.
- Strong knowledge in the AWS (American Welding Society) standards specifically in fabrication and welding process and ASME codes.
- Candidate will be required to complete a welding fitter test.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, from an accredited university.
- Minimum requirement is to have fabrication and welding process knowledge as well as familiarity with ASME code (American Society of Mechanical Engineers.)
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years employment in the petrochemical industry.
- Highly preferred candidates will have LDPE (Low-density polyethylene) experience (high pressure technology).
- Ideal candidate will have five (5) or more years in job shop where hard goods were manufactured.
- Must be able to understand P&IDs (piping & instrumentation diagrams), mechanical drawings, and piping isometrics.
- Experience and ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in fabrication.
Software & Technology Experience:
- Highly preferred candidates would also have 3 or more years’ experience with the ERP system by Epicor.
- Experience with Microsoft Project is essential.
- Strong computer skills required and must be totally familiar with Microsoft Office products such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook) as well as MS Teams.
- Demonstrates leadership characteristics, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be deadline driven.
- Must be able to facilitate meetings with internal teams and external customers.
Plan, direct, and coordinate the work activities of assigned projects. Work with operations and production departments to ensure that the materials and people resources for manufacturing fabricated (welded) items are in accordance with cost, quality, and schedule.
- Coordinate technical activities and scope of supply on projects and jobs.
- Ensure Bill of Material and Method of Manufacturing comply to customer specifications and internal QC policy (processes, procedures, and ITP).
- Determine sequence of operations to meet delivery date and produce detailed project schedule.
- Organize internal and customer Project Kickoff meetings.
- Prepare customer communications, technical documentation, and technical manuals for projects.
- Define quality requirements and targets and work closely with Quality Control Manager to ensure those are met.
- Jointly, with Quality Department personnel, ensure necessary supplier and process documentation and collected for final QC dossier.
- Interpret customer requirements and address manufacturing issues with production.
- Work closely with production managers to ensure schedule and specifications are being followed and provide technical support during projects.
- Manage project costs and regularly reviewed with internal stakeholders.
- Prepare and plan for unanticipated problems or issues.
- Issue change orders to customers and ensure purchase orders are revised in accordance with change order(s).
- Review progress of assigned projects and conduct project(s) review meeting as necessary.
- Utilize an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) computer system that tracks orders from quote to cash.
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Unable to sponsor or transfer H1B Visas now or in the future.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance.
- Unable to work with Candidates on a C2C basis with third-party Employers.
This company offers a benefit package to include:
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, HSA, & FSA
- Life & AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- GAP Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Vacation and Holidays
- 40 hours per week
- Onsite position
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Your Recruiter
President | HeadHunter | Technical Recruiter
Marie is a native Houstonian and has put her energy in building ProFound’s business relationships. She has specialized in IT and software development recruiting in the Houston area since 1999. You will often hear Marie tell people to “get-into-our-circle” because she knows people, companies and she’s working on new jobs all the time. As a professional networker, Marie practices good habits in business development, recruiting, customer service, working with a sense of urgency to help people. She believes in having a foundation of long term relationships in order to be a successful Business Owner, Recruiter and Business Developer.