Java Software Developer
Houston, Texas 77002 Houston, TX 77002 US
Global company in the Houston, Texas Downtown area is searching for several Java Software Developers that can thrive in a fast-paced environment and draw on collaborative and problem-solving skills to achieve optimal outcomes for your stakeholders in a space that is undergoing a large transformation.
The Java Software Developers will need to be able to think critically to understand and navigate business challenges and use their exceptional people skills to negotiate through ambiguity as they proactively identify and manage risks and issues.
The Java Software Developer will be someone that thinks big, challenges the norm, collaborates efficiently, welcomes feedback, has an eye for detail, and who will be committed to offering implementable, innovative, and intuitive solutions to complex scenarios. The Java Software Developer will work autonomously as a part of a dynamic and motivated team working in an agile software development environment.
Required Technical Expertise:
- 5+ years enterprise development experience
- Spring/Spring Boot experience
- Unix / Linux working knowledge
- Working knowledge of cloud/related technologies – preferably AWS
- Experience in relational databases
- Exposure to functional programming is a bonus.
- Docker / Container orchestration (Swarm / Kubernetes etc.) is favorable
- Java Multithreading is favorable
- Scripting skills – primarily Bash, Python
- Exposure to languages including C++, Scala, R is a bonus.
- Experience in the banking & finance industry is beneficial
- Knowledgeable with SDLC tools (e.g. Bamboo, JIRA, GIT, Confluence)
- Building out platforms to scale with the ever-growing performance, data, regulatory and product driven requirements of our businesses
- Developing, testing and deploying code and performing release planning and execution
- Building relationships with business stakeholders to develop solutions for effective integration with upstream and downstream systems
- Architect design, implementing and testing solutions for new components or modifications to existing functionality
- Performing peer code reviews and participating as a member of a global distributed team.
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the USA.
- The company will consider candidates transferring H1B Visa sponsorships.
- Client will not work with third party vendors on C2C or C2B.
This company offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 5 weeks of vacation, traditional holidays, 5 sick days, free parking, commutation, and more.
Relocation expenses are available at a minimum.
Hybrid Work Schedule:
This company offers a hybrid work schedule: Every 10 days: 5 remote/5 on-site.
This company offers a competitive base salary with bonus potential depending on company and employee performance.
Please submit resume to email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
President | HeadHunter | Technical Recruiter
Marie is a native Houstonian and has put her energy in building ProFound’s business relationships. She has specialized in IT and software development recruiting in the Houston area since 1999. You will often hear Marie tell people to “get-into-our-circle” because she knows people, companies and she’s working on new jobs all the time. As a professional networker, Marie practices good habits in business development, recruiting, customer service, working with a sense of urgency to help people. She believes in having a foundation of long term relationships in order to be a successful Business Owner, Recruiter and Business Developer.