Houston, Texas 77002 Houston, TX 77002 US
Global company in the Houston, Texas Downtown area is searching for two Java Developers for their Commodities and Global Markets Technology team. The Java Developer will be responsible for supporting a Trade and Risk Management application used by the Commodities trading businesses, using Java, SQL and AWS. The Java Developer should have the ability to work collaboratively with business users and technology peers to translate requirements into optimal technical designs. The Java Developer will provide support to traders and other business users on the applications the team is responsible for developing and enhancing. The Java Developer will drive for continuous improvement and extend and enhance testing and deployment mechanisms for various applications/tools, as well as designing solutions that are tactical and strategic in nature to effectively address short-term vs long-term business needs.
Openings: 2 positions
- Build out platforms to scale with the ever-growing performance, data, regulatory and product driven requirements of our businesses
- Develop, test and deploy code and perform release planning and execution
- Build relationships with business stakeholders to develop solutions for effective integration with upstream and downstream systems
- Architect design, implement and test solutions for new components or modifications to existing functionality
- Perform peer code reviews and participate as a member of a global distributed team.
- You have at least 5 years of experience developing full stack JVM-based applications
- Unix / Linux working knowledge
- Working knowledge of cloud/related technologies – preferably AWS
- Experience in relational databases
- Exposure to functional programming is a bonus.
- Docker / Container orchestration (Swarm / Kubernetes etc.) is favorable
- Java Multithreading is favorable
- Scripting skills – primarily Bash, Python
- Experience in the banking & finance industry is beneficial
- Knowledgeable with SDLC tools (e.g. Bamboo, JIRA, GIT, Confluence)
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the USA.
- The company will consider candidates transferring H1B Visa sponsorships.
- Client will not work with third party vendors on C2C or C2B.
- This company offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 5 weeks of vacation, traditional holidays, 5 sick days, free parking, commutation, and more.
- Relocation expenses are available at a minimum.
Hybrid Work Schedule:
- Candidates are preferred to be located in the Houston area. This company offers a hybrid work schedule: Every 10 days: 5 remote/5 on-site.
- This company offers a competitive base salary with bonus potential depending on company and employee performance.
Meet Your Recruiter
President | HeadHunter | Technical Recruiter
Marie is a native Houstonian and has put her energy in building ProFound’s business relationships. She has specialized in IT and software development recruiting in the Houston area since 1999. You will often hear Marie tell people to “get-into-our-circle” because she knows people, companies and she’s working on new jobs all the time. As a professional networker, Marie practices good habits in business development, recruiting, customer service, working with a sense of urgency to help people. She believes in having a foundation of long term relationships in order to be a successful Business Owner, Recruiter and Business Developer.