Houston, Texas 77066 Houston, TX 77066
Company in Northwest Houston, Texas is searching for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. The Java Developer will be part of a growing company that works on mission-critical applications. You will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development life cycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, CIS or MIS required or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience building and supporting enterprise web applications using Java EE technologies.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in software development
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience with OOAD software design with Java, Design Patterns, MVC and IoC (Internet of Compromise)
- A minimum of 5+ years of applied experience with RDBMS design/development, preferably Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience as a lead overseeing development projects using all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Experience building rich web applications
- Experience in one or more Java frameworks (Struts, Hibernate, etc.)
- Experience with version control system (CVS, etc.)
- Experience with enterprise application servers such as Apache Tomcat
- Experience building and consuming web services using SOAP, XML, WSDL
- Experience using Eclipse is preferred
Functional Skills Required:
- Ability to analyze data logically and exercise sound judgment in defining, evaluating and solving moderately difficult technical and operational computer related issues.
- Ability to take a project from start to finish including analysis, design programming and administration.
- Developed oral and written communication skills to present technical information to others with clarity and precision.
- A strong sense of teamwork and cooperation with management and coworkers.
- Accuracy and completeness of assignments, including unit testing and debugging of all programs.
- Consistently meeting all deadlines.
- Ability to offer suggestions on how to improve reports, projects, and daily routine assignments.
- Self-motivated with sound, professional judgment.
- Ability to develop, implement, and ensure adherence to department policies and procedures for computer hardware and software usage
- Must be able to carry out complex tasks with minimum guidance
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications/operating systems
- Analyzes software applications to determine if the applications are effectively meeting the needs of the specified end-user and/or to determine if enhancements can be made to increase the overall efficiency of the operational department
- Reviews project specifications to gain understanding of project goals and objectives and to determine an efficient and effective way of programming to complete the project in a timely manner
- Develops software applications with regard to project specifications.
- Works with Program Support on testing the programming changes before implemented to reduce the amount of errors and reduce rework within the department.
- Interacts with end-users on solving problems that occur with software applications including troubleshooting the problem.
- Stays abreast of industry changes with regard to software applications.
- Communicates any suggestions/ideas for the improvement of applications to management
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States
- Unable to provide H1-B Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third-party vendors
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
Company is offering a competitive salary and full benefits on this position.
Please send your resume in MS Word format and your salary requirements to email@example.com