Java - Angular Developer - REMOTE
Atlanta, Georgia 30310 Atlanta, GA 30310
Managed Service Provider in the Cayman Islands is searching for a Front-end UI Developer to work remotely from the United States. Candidate will join a team of Developers and develop, customize, support and maintain an Angular and Java based business critical online applications (not websites.)
This company has extensive experience in operating world-class data centers hosting SaaS solutions. Candidate will work remotely from a home office and on occasion be required to work outside of regular business hours and share on-call duties with other members on the Application Support team. Candidate will be given the opportunity to travel and work in a Caribbean lifestyle for one week each year when they visit the company’s headquarters and data centers in the Cayman Islands.
- Associate Degree in electronics, engineering or computer science (or Technical Degree from two-year IT technical training program.)
- 3 years of documented work experience in UI technologies:
- Programming core business transaction systems
- 5+ years of Java development experience.
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols
- API design for extensibility and portability
- Experienced in Responsive web design, Spring Boot, GIT, and Jenkins desired.
- Ability to objectively and calmly interpret information and understand the business requirements which the application must satisfy.
- Fluent in the English language.
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Senior-level Java development skills.
- Front-end development experience in developing new online forms.
- Web Server experience in Tomcat
- Java Framework experience in Spring, Spring Boot, and JSP.
- Database skills in Postgres.
- IDE experience in Eclipse.
- Experience in Linux and Windows writing commands in Linux to execute the database using Windows Interfaces.
- Knowledge of security best practices for building web applications.
- Version Control experience in GIT.
- CVS experience in SVN (Apache Subversion)
- SaaS experience with on-line payments and credit processing.
- Skilled in the Agile software methodology
- Design, modify, develop, write and implement web-based Java applications
- Participate in the testing process through development of unit tests, test review and analysis
- Be familiar with security attacks prevalent in web-based systems
- Provide technical support to project team members
- Support and/or install software applications
- Be familiar with a variety of development concepts, practices, and procedures
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Report to senior management
- References the ability to objectively and calmly interpret information, solve problems, organize tasks, and use good judgment in the management of customer situations with integrity and professionalism.
- Fluent in the English language (speak, read, & write.)
Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States. No C2C Please.
Candidate will collaborate with software management and teams via Go-To meetings as required.
Candidate will be required to complete a satisfactory reference, background check and security clearance background check.
Candidate must be open to travel to the corporate office in the Cayman Islands 1-2 weeks a year for business purposes.
Candidate must have the maturity to work remotely from home and be productive to meet project deliverables.
Core work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, the client can be flexible (ex. 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 pm) with the work schedule as long as it’s the same schedule every day and every week.
Salary range will depend on experience. This is a direct hire position. However, the candidate will have a contract in place with the client in order to work with them. Client prefers someone who can make a 3 to 5-year commitment.
Employer will offer a flat amount for salary. The candidate will be responsible for purchasing their medical benefits, retirement and paying their federal income tax using the salary. Employer will pay for 3 weeks of PTO (vacation & holiday.)
Company will provide a computer and Internet connection (not a separate phone line since that’s all done VoIP with GTM, Telegram or Skype).
If interested, please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.