Houston, Texas 77008 Houston, TX 77008
Title Research Company in the Houston area is searching for an IT Director to assist the CIO of the company in executing project plans and processes. This person will work on a small team of 20 IT infrastructure and software professionals responsible for the execution of all technology and infrastructure initiatives, inclusive of any third-party integrations. The IT Director will also work closely with senior leadership to develop technology strategy and policies to implement throughout the organization. The IT Director should have at least ten years of IT experience, with five in a leadership or management role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field
- A master's degree in computer science, information technology or related field is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the technology field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership or management role in an IT setting
- Significant experience in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Solid working knowledge of current security protocols and threats
- Excellent project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Responsible for the execution of established goals and related timelines for the entire IT department, including operations and software development.
- Oversee all stages of the development lifecycle for projects
- Help prioritize short-and-long term objectives
- Oversee maintenance of hardware and software - Identify vulnerabilities, the need for upgrades, and opportunities for improvement
- Stay up to date on security risks and ensure corporate security
- Report progress and challenges to senior management, with recommendations for quick resolution of any reported issues.
- Direct the sourcing and implementation of new software and hardware
- Maintain and update (as needed) business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions
- Liaison with other departments to determine and address their IT requirements and needs
- Build and maintain relationships with external advisors and vendors
- Must be an excellent communicator (verbal and written skills.)
- Take charge personality.
- Quick learner.
- Flexible to change direction when needed.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States
- Unable to provide H1B Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third-party vendors on a C2C basis
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
This company offers a competitive salary between $110-130K DOE with benefits.
Please send resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Your Recruiter
President | HeadHunter | Technical Recruiter
Marie is a native Houstonian and has put her energy in building ProFound’s business relationships. She has specialized in IT and software development recruiting in the Houston area since 1999. You will often hear Marie tell people to “get-into-our-circle” because she knows people, companies and she’s working on new jobs all the time. As a professional networker, Marie practices good habits in business development, recruiting, customer service, working with a sense of urgency to help people. She believes in having a foundation of long term relationships in order to be a successful Business Owner, Recruiter and Business Developer.