Embedded Software Engineer
Tomball, Texas 77375 Tomball, TX 77375
Company located in the Tomball, Texas is searching for an Embedded Software Engineer with expert skills in C/C++ and/or C# to work in an entrepreneurial environment building applications for an electromagnetic mapping and monitoring solution.
- BS in EE, Computer Programming, Computer Engineering, or equivalent areas of study.
- Expert C, C++, and/or C# programming skills, and experience
- Ability to develop C, C++ under a Linux operating system environment, using Eclipse or similar tools.
- Basic ability to develop a C# application under a Windows environment.
- Python development skills
- FPGA (Field Programming Gate Array) development skills
- Familiarity with ARM processors, and ARM development tools.
- Experience in developing applications for ARM processors.
- Experience and Familiarity with Xilinx Vivado SDK toolset, and associated debuggers, and download cables.
- Experience and Familiarity with XILINX ZYNQ FPGA tools and programming of ARM and/or MicroBlaze processor projects.
- Ability to compile a version Linux to run on an embedded processor.
- Some familiarity with PIC processors and associated development tools, debuggers and download cables.
- Familiarity with sampling theory, data acquisition theory, and streaming telemetry theory and concepts.
- Ethernet application development with either TCP, UDP packets.
- Familiarity with EX-FAT, FAT, and Linux files systems on hard drives, flash drives (thumb drives), SSDs, and SD cards.
- Ability to manipulate FAT tables, etc. for fast streaming storage.
- Familiarity with I2C interfaces and software development Familiarity with USB interfaces and software development.
- Familiarity with UART interfaces and software development.
- Ability to build applications and perform tests, patiently, as FPGA features are added.
- A tolerance for meticulous testing, sometimes bit by bit, FPGA to ARM interfaces, under continuous development.
- Ability to work independently, interactively, and in coordination with an FPGA developer, an Analog designer, and a Hardware designer in a cooperative endeavor.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new concepts and bring an enthusiastic attitude to the new technology development process.
- Work directly with the VP of Research and Development
- Maintain/improve current EM equipment
- Critical role in developing the next generation of EM equipment, both transmitter and receivers
- Maintain drawings / BOM
- US Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide H1B Visa sponsor at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- No C2C with third party vendors
This is a direct hire position with a base salary and benefits.
This company offers a benefits package.
Please send your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com.