Director of Service
Solana Beach, California 92075 Solana Beach, CA 92075
Start-up Company located in Solana Beach, California with ties to parent company in Houston, Texas is searching for a Director of Service to help them build a heavy machinery service department from scratch.
This person will own all of the ‘connective tissue’ that connects the software side of the business with the design, creation, implementation, and management of the entire actual heavy equipment service department. This person must have had their entire career in heavy equipment service and have come up through the ranks, from turning wrenches (mechanic) to an evolved service department manager.
This role will…
- Define, design, execute, and own the entire service program and department
- Manage the entire service process to include:
o Mechanic/Shop network acquisition & management
o Preventive maintenance
o Damage Reconciliation
o Full Repair lifecycle
o Must be in heavy equipment and machinery
o Inspections - Check-in/check-out, onboarding, re-availability, etc.
o Parts, tires, and the pieces parts
- This person must have long term relationships with many vendors on the service (3rd party mechanics and service shops) and on the parts/tires side
Prefer candidates with OEM industry experience working with heavy machinery brands:
- John Deere
- Doosan Infracore
- Hitachi Construction Equipment
- Volvo Construction Equipment
- Heavy Machinery Rentals
- Tenured in the heavy machinery industry
- Someone known to have creditability to forge and manage relationships
- Exceptional skills in mechanics and physics of heavy machinery, attachments and work/break solutions
- Quick learner
- Mechanic background
- Experienced managing service departments for rental shops and/or dealerships
- Has a list of industry contacts to call upon for parts and service.
- Experienced in building an entire service department to include preventative maintenance, damage, check-in/check-out, negotiating all of the vendors (third party mechanics, service shops, and parts/tires vendors) and managing those communities.
- Experienced in managing and maintaining the full life cycle of a service department to include designing, building and implementing processes for on-going growth.
- Ability to understand and work with technology
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States.
Candidate can live anywhere in the United States. Must be flexible to travel to the Solana Beach, California office when required.
Candidate must be open to domestic and international travel when required.
This is a start-up work environment. Compensation will be determine based on experience. Some benefits are available.
Please submit resume in MS Word format to email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
President | HeadHunter | Technical Recruiter
Marie is a native Houstonian and has put her energy in building ProFound’s business relationships. She has specialized in IT and software development recruiting in the Houston area since 1999. You will often hear Marie tell people to “get-into-our-circle” because she knows people, companies and she’s working on new jobs all the time. As a professional networker, Marie practices good habits in business development, recruiting, customer service, working with a sense of urgency to help people. She believes in having a foundation of long term relationships in order to be a successful Business Owner, Recruiter and Business Developer.