Houston, Texas 77002 Houston, TX 77002
Document Management Company located in Downtown Houston, Texas is searching for a Database Administrator (DBA) that will provide technical and functional support for the company’s installations of databases including, but not limited to, Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL) 2008 and above. The DBA will also assist in the managing of the design, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of MSSQL databases, application design and implementation, performance tuning, data migration, and other areas of database administration.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science or related area is required, OR significant work-related experience in all job requirements for this position may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
Required Technical Skills:
- At least 5 years of experience as a database administrator in a production environment is required.
- Disaster Recovery/ Business Continuity plans and implementation experience using a remote environment is required.
- Previous experience working in a team environment is required.
- Computer skills required: MS SQL 2008+, SSRS, SSIS, and Visual Studio Data Tools (VSDT)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Outlook
Responsible for primary support of third-party systems including:
- DBA support of production, test and development environments and reporting processes.
- Administer lead activity for database security, database backups/recovery and perform database monitoring, analysis and optimization of all database environments.
- Assist end user(s) with reporting requirements, documentation for queries, reporting and database design.
- Write complex queries, functions, stored procedures and triggers.
- Develop and document technical specifications for third party systems implementation and reporting.
- Design, plan and implement assigned database environments.
- Properly size and configure databases and their associated tables.
- Provide production support in a 24/7 environment.
- Coordinate, administer, and perform installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of assigned database environments.
- Create and maintain database standards, policies, and procedures, change management standards and policies and ensuring consistency between these and the environments. Formulate recommendation improvements in these areas.
- Responsible for the implementation and support of security measures and products, including activities such as database hardening, vulnerability assessment and patch management.
- Assist in the troubleshooting and resolution of complicated issues within the applications, software/hardware in database environments.
- Evaluate, recommend, and use software tools to monitor and manage database health and performance.
- Plan, coordinate, configure and implement assigned database application patches and upgrades.
- Define and maintain capacity plans, disaster recovery plans and facilities for the database environments.
- Train and mentor other team members through knowledge transfer.
- Monitor database environments for proper operation within established performance and availability expectations.
- Work with technical analyst to properly size and configure servers for databases and application servers.
- Responsible for advanced configuration of database environments for database level backup/restore technologies and troubleshooting configuration problems.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and future direction in technology as it relates to area of responsibility.
- Assist with justifications for operating and capital budgets.
- Prepare and present technical reports and feasibility studies.
- Develop strategic technical implementation plans and work plans for technical teams.
- Regular time and attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide H1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Unable to work C2C or with third party vendors
- Health Saving Account
- Flexible Spending Account for healthcare expenses
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401-K + Employee Match
- Aflac Insurance
- Vacation - PTO
This is a 100% remote position.
The corporate office is located in Houston, Texas. Client prefers candidate to live in the Houston area. Client will ask candidate to come to the office periodically when necessary.
Please send resume in MS Word format to email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
President | HeadHunter | Technical Recruiter
Marie is a native Houstonian and has put her energy in building ProFound’s business relationships. She has specialized in IT and software development recruiting in the Houston area since 1999. You will often hear Marie tell people to “get-into-our-circle” because she knows people, companies and she’s working on new jobs all the time. As a professional networker, Marie practices good habits in business development, recruiting, customer service, working with a sense of urgency to help people. She believes in having a foundation of long term relationships in order to be a successful Business Owner, Recruiter and Business Developer.