Houston, Texas 77024 Houston, TX 77024
National Technology Consulting Company located in West Houston, Texas is searching for a Data Engineer to work within a team of Data Scientists and Engineers in their Data Science Group with responsibilities working directly with the clients and internal teams to create complete scalable production ready solutions. Candidate will need to have a blended skill set in Azure Services, Big Data processing, data warehousing and BI. Candidate should have a prior Consulting background with experience communicating with all levels of stakeholders in a clear and persuasive manner.
- Exposure to Azure Services and big data processing solutions
- Solid experience in Microsoft traditional data warehousing and BI (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Data Ingestion and Orchestration from on-premise to Azure using Azure Data Factory and Integration Runtime
- Azure Databricks notebooks including knowledge of pipeline scripting, data movement, data processing, Delta Lakes, MLFlow and API access/ingestion (REST, SOAP to REST, etc.)
- Experience in Hadoop, SPARK, Hive
- SSIS extension for Azure
- DevOps experience including Azure Repos and Azure Pipelines
- Azure Event Hub/IoT and Stream Analytics
- Azure Logic App/Functions
- Azure Data Lake Analytics (USQL) Database development, Data Modeling, architecture and storage
- Core understanding of Azure security including policies, governance, keys, and service principals
- Azure Blob Storage and/or Azure Data Lake Store
- SSAS and experience with tabular data
- Experience with scripting in SQL, Python, R, Scala and Java
- Analytic Problem-Solving: Approaching high-level challenges with a clear eye on what is important; employing the right approach/methods to make the maximum use of time and human resources.
- Effective Communication: Detailing your techniques and discoveries to technical and non-technical audiences in a language they can understand.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Exploring new territories and finding creative and unusual ways to solve problems.
- Data Analysis Knowledge: Understanding how data is collected, analyzed and utilized.
- Deep understanding of Data Warehousing including ingestion, transformation and consumption of data
- Self-starter with desire and ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication skills and teamwork attitude
- Establishes a strong working relationship with clients and team members
- Values clients and strives to help and respond to their business needs
- Work on multiple projects concurrently with accuracy, and within time and budget constraints.
- Applies feedback received and strives to improve performance
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide H1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Unable to work C2C or with third party vendors
This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary with benefits.
Please send your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Your Recruiter
President | HeadHunter | Technical Recruiter
Marie is a native Houstonian and has put her energy in building ProFound’s business relationships. She has specialized in IT and software development recruiting in the Houston area since 1999. You will often hear Marie tell people to “get-into-our-circle” because she knows people, companies and she’s working on new jobs all the time. As a professional networker, Marie practices good habits in business development, recruiting, customer service, working with a sense of urgency to help people. She believes in having a foundation of long term relationships in order to be a successful Business Owner, Recruiter and Business Developer.