Cloud Security Architect - REMOTE
Cockeysville, Maryland 21030 Cockeysville, MD 21030
Client with a corporate office in the Baltimore, Maryland area has a need to hire a Cloud Security Architect to help build and design the company’s NextGen Data Center. Candidate will work with Security Team to gain knowledge on their environment.
Cloud Security Architect will work closely with the Security Team to acquire in-depth knowledge of how each application works in terms of business logic, security aspects, development and production environment. Candidate will design and build a NextGen data center via cloud or hybrid security solutions and work with consultants on the security architecture for future company transformation. Candidate will need to have strong leadership skills.
- This is a remote position.
- Candidate can live anywhere in the USA.
- Candidate will need to travel to the Baltimore office on an occasion.
Top preferred skills for the position:
- Enterprise level Security Architecture experience
- Experience with multiple cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform)
- Senior Leadership / C-Suite working experience
- Containers and MicroServices
- Experience with Cloud Security Assessments
- 4-year College Degree in IT discipline - required
Certifications: (Strongly Preferred)
- Security, Cloud, and Networking Certifications
- CCSP - CertifiedCloud Security Professional
- SSCP - Systems Security Certified Practitioner
- CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CCSK - Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge
- CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- 5+ years working in large-scale security team, preferably for broadcast/media applications
- 5+ years of experience in cloud security, architecture, engineering, network security
- Knowledge of leading practices for security design, implementation, and support of public and private cloud services
- Strong understanding of multi-cloud platforms (Azure, O365, AWS, etc.) to be able to identify and prioritize potential security challenges
- Hands-on experience with cloud security, firewalls, DMZ, VPN, and intrusion detection technologies
- High level of knowledge associated with incident response activities in a distributed environment
- Security, cloud, or networking certification preferred (e.g., CCSP, SSCP, CISSP, CCSK, CCNA)
- Familiarity with security industry standards (ISO 17799, NIST 800 series, etc.) and best practices
- Working knowledge of network and/or security technologies
- Working knowledge of different firewall platforms
- Knowledge of security auditing procedures.
- Understanding of wireless technology
- Understanding of containers and microservices
- Hands-on experience with routers, switches, firewalls, and VPNs
- Act as an advocate of information security policies, standards, and controls and as an enabler to the business while managing risk appropriately
- Provide mentorship and knowledge transfer to security team members
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively and professionally collaborate with company stakeholders and business partners
- Ability to think strategically, plan methodically, and execute tactically
- Take ownership of personal and professional development and training needed to excel
- Evaluate and recommend new products, maintain knowledge of emerging technologies, cloud security standards and regulations for application to the enterprise
- Lead initiatives to secure cloud solutions by specifying methodologies; implementation and calibration; preparing preventive, detective, and reactive security measures, and support documentation
- Identifying, communicating, and mitigating security risks in on-premises or hybrid/multi-cloud deployments
- Producing metrics to measure the efficacy and effectiveness of the responsible areas of security program and reporting regularly
- Gather requirements, plan, and assess the current configuration
- Work with outside vendors and consultants to successfully test and integrate new technology
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identify problems in advance and propose solutions
- Ensure compliance with company policies and standards
- Aid vulnerability management and help resolve findings of security assessments and other risk management activities
- Respond to information security incidents/tickets in a timely manner
- Help the security team to maintain a level of excellence
- Develop and evaluate performance metrics to establish process success
- Design, document and implement procedures and techniques that are consistent with best practices for analyzing and evaluating the risk (software & business), accuracy, completeness, internal integrity/consistency, testability, and overall quality of system
- Research emerging technologies and identify opportunities for adoption
- Track operations and constantly look for ways to make things work better, faster, and smoother
- Collaborate on and adhere to security engineering standards, methodologies and sustainable processes
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide H1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
- Unable to work C2C or with third party vendors
This is a direct hire position with full benefits.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
President | HeadHunter | Technical Recruiter
Marie is a native Houstonian and has put her energy in building ProFound’s business relationships. She has specialized in IT and software development recruiting in the Houston area since 1999. You will often hear Marie tell people to “get-into-our-circle” because she knows people, companies and she’s working on new jobs all the time. As a professional networker, Marie practices good habits in business development, recruiting, customer service, working with a sense of urgency to help people. She believes in having a foundation of long term relationships in order to be a successful Business Owner, Recruiter and Business Developer.