BI Developer - DBA
Houston, Texas 77056 Houston, TX 77056
Well Established Company located in the Houston Galleria area is searching for a BI Developer - DBA who has a blended background in BI development and database administration. This candidate will be working on a new initiative to help this company to become data driven in a real-time environment and managing the database. This is a new ground floor position for the company.
This client wants an Expert in SQL Server, ETL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, and PowerBI focused in data retrieval, data organization, report writing, ETL, query development, analyzing and comparing data.
- 8+ years in Data Analytics and Data Management
- 8+ years working with Business Intelligence architectures and software
- 5+ years of experience and knowledge in design and development using Power BI
- 3+ years in AI and Machine Learning
- Experienced PowerBI dev who can write reports
- Knowledge of visual design, PowerBI dashboard, and PowerBI tools
- Efficient in Data Analysis and Query Optimization
- Experience writing DAX Queries
- Must be proficient in data transformations, MDX functions, DAX functions in Power BI Desktop
- Data Visualization skills (candidate should be able to provide examples)
- Experience developing ETL routines and database procedures / functions
- Good Business Analyst skills to capture requirements and create documentation
- Proven track record of providing documentation, training, and support
- Ability to work independently and with a team to drive priorities
- Attention to detail and strong sense of ownership
- Design and develop multidimensional data models (Data Cubes)
- Coordinate with company department heads to develop and validate reports and dashboards (Data Warehouses, Data Marts)
- Work with query languages
- Apply AI / machine learning / data mining to increase accuracy of analytics and focus business metrics
- Be the company Business Intelligence Evangelist
- Help the company understand where they can improve their data modeling and storage based on newest industry standard technology
- Prepare technical documentation, support / training materials, and conduct user training for small and medium sized groups (Power BI training is a must)
Candidate must have experience in the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Someone who is accountable for their own work product and is able to develop with a focused purpose
- Ability to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Someone who is a total self-starter who codes as a passion and looks to get better in their spare time
- US Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide H1B Visa sponsor at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- No C2C
This is a 6-month CTH position. Compensation will depend on experience.
Please send your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.