Houston, Texas 77024 Houston, TX 77024
Consulting Company in West Houston is searching for a Azure Cloud Architect - Director that can help them in their Cloud consulting initiatives. Candidate will need to be hands-on in consulting, pre-sales, and building the team.
The ideal candidate has senior-level knowledge and experience in designing, migrations, and implementing complex hosting solutions and migrations. The position is customer-facing and will work closely with Product Owners, Application Owners, network, and security teams to deliver the best solution for large scale infrastructure design and application migrations.
This role requires deep expertise and a track record of client success in delivering infrastructure solutions on the Azure platform. As a key enabler to regional Client Services Directors and Enterprise Client Executives, working in partnership to bring our services to market, the selected candidate will have a demonstrated ability to engage technology decision-makers in Cloud Migration and adoption roadmaps, cloud-native solutions architecture, and best practices on the cloud platform.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, etc., or equivalent experience
- Previous experience at the Architect level working with Azure Cloud computing - someone who can move into a Director level role.
- Previous experience on consulting and pre-sales.
- Extensive experience with Azure to include Azure Compute, Azure Storage, Azure App Service model, and Azure Networks.
- Infrastructure – Strong experience working with Azure PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS
- Networking - Azure VNET, S2S VPN, and BGP Routing
- Microservices - Docker, Kubernetes, and AKS
- PowerShell Scripting
- Intune, App Proxy Server, and WVD
- DevOps - Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus, Azure DevOps, and Azure ARM
- Hybrid - VMWare, Hyper V, and Azure Site Recovery (ASR)
- Legacy Networking - Cisco, Juniper, F5, and Palo Alto
- Experience with Web Services (SOAP, RESTful, REST, API)
- Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management
- Design and implement Azure infrastructure and services for customer environments.
- Ability to design, deploy and maintain enterprise-class security, network, and systems management applications within an Azure environment.
- Design and implement availability, scalability, and performance plans for the Azure platform.
- Implement process and quality improvements through task automation.
- Institute infrastructure as code, security automation, and automation or routine maintenance tasks for clients.
- Perform data migration from on-premises environments into Azure
- Support the business development lifecycle (Business Development, Capture, Solution Architect, Pricing and Proposal Development)
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide H1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Unable to work C2C or with third party vendors
This is a full time position with benefits.
Please submit resume in MS Word format to email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
President | HeadHunter | Technical Recruiter
Marie is a native Houstonian and has put her energy in building ProFound’s business relationships. She has specialized in IT and software development recruiting in the Houston area since 1999. You will often hear Marie tell people to “get-into-our-circle” because she knows people, companies and she’s working on new jobs all the time. As a professional networker, Marie practices good habits in business development, recruiting, customer service, working with a sense of urgency to help people. She believes in having a foundation of long term relationships in order to be a successful Business Owner, Recruiter and Business Developer.