Technology Account Manager
Houston, Texas 77056 Houston, TX 77056
Consulting Company in the Houston Galleria area is searching for a Technology Account Manager that’s outgoing, hard-working and technically savvy with an entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate will have a proven background in successfully building relationships and may have held pre-sales solutioning, technologist or account management roles and has technology experience (through education or hands-on). The role is expected to develop and manage a book of business to support the short and long-term plans of the firm. Candidate will be able to apply their technology background and enthusiasm for learning new technologies and assist potential clients with determining how technology solutions can solve their business challenges. Candidate will also be able to utilize their proven relationship skills to work with channel partners and presentation skills to professionally and efficiently present relevant solutions for the clients.
- Bachelors’ degree in STEM (Programming, Engineering, Life Sciences, Accounting, Psychology, Statistics) or related field is preferred
- 6+ years of experience in a technology services company; preferably a minimum of 4 of those years in account management or sales roles
- Comparable experience is 6+ years combined in technology services and technology consulting; preferably a minimum of 4 of those years in account management or sales roles
- Previous experience putting technology solutions together in a pre-sales role / function is helpful
- Possess industry and solution-based knowledge of Microsoft solutions, service offerings and solution selling methodology
- Knowledge of public cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS etc. is highly desirable
- Track record of building and maintaining strategic relationships with contacts ranging from CXO level
- Energetic, confident and analytical, with ability to engage customers, articulate value proposition, deliver convincing presentations and identify opportunities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and good time-management and organizational skills
- Work with the delivery & technology leadership and partner channel organizations to develop and execute a territory business plan with targeted sales strategies, resulting in a robust pipeline.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive business plan to address customer and prospect priorities and pain points.
- Partner with general managers, technical pre-sales and delivery organizations to define solutions, deliver proposals or RFP responses, steer deal negotiations and close business.
- Introduce domain product and service experts/specialists while maintaining account oversight.
- Own account relationships and drive overall customer satisfaction for assigned accounts.
- Farm existing accounts to acquire new or additional opportunities.
- Cultivate and maintain executive relationships with customers, act as a trusted advisor, and influence their cloud strategies & initiatives.
- Forecast revenue, articulate account updates and update management and marketing on competitive intelligence.
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States
- Unable to work with third-party vendors
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
Company is offering a competitive salary and full benefits on this position.
Please send your resume in MS Word format and your salary requirements to email@example.com