Houston, TX | Permanent
Importing Company in the Ship Channel - East Houston area is searching for a Software Developer to work on their development team supporting their production operation applications. The company needs a candidate with blended skills in C#, ASP.Net MVC5, DevExpress and DevExtreme
About the Project:
The Software Developer will work on company’s latest version the company’s software application built using C#, ASP.Net, MVC5 and DevExpress grids, tabs, radio buttons and menus. Candidate will help to build 2 grid screens ported from DevExpress to DevExtreme. Candidate will work on all phases of the project life cycle which includes designing, implementing, and testing software upgrades, as well as working with a Business Analyst and end users to identify, analyze, and correct software problems in the current application.
Reports to: IT Manager
- Advanced College degree is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- Related Technical degree required.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience working with .NET and C#.
- Minimum of 2 years software development experience (Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment).
- Minimum of 1 year experience with SQL-Server database development using ADO.NET and T-SQL.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with ASP.Net, MVC, and jQuery AJAX.
- Solid understanding of OO principles.
- Experience with DevExpress.
- Experience with HTML.net
- Entity Framework
- Develop C# .Net 4.0 application and back-end software for the company, creating the latest version of company’s dynamic software.
- Design, implement, and test software applications.
- Provide input for future software development considerations.
- Work closely with other development team members to create and optimize new feature functionality.
- Closely communicate with peers in the software quality assurance team to diagnose and fix software defects.
- Create and maintain unit tests and associated documentation to ensure product quality.
- Apply cutting edge software technologies to solve real-world problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support and participate in the organization’s Continual Improvement Program to conform to ISO 9001:2008 requirements by complying with Quality Policies and Procedures and meeting Quality Objectives.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple requests.
- Ability to read, interpret, and comprehend technical specifications, reports, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and peers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to formulate and document a high level plan with input from many functional groups.
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States
- Unable to provide H1-B Visa Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third-party companies, consulting companies or RPO on a C2C basis.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Local Houston candidates preferred
Please send your resume in MS Word format and salary requirements to email@example.com.