Senior System Administrator - Cloud/O365
Houston, Texas 77056 Houston, TX 77056
Well Established Company located in the Houston, Texas Galleria area is searching for a Senior System Administrator to lead the IT systems while building and maintaining their enterprise infrastructure across more than 14 locations domestically and more locations internationally. This person will be responsible for supporting the design, installation and maintenance of the hardware and software components in their international organization.
- Candidate must okay being a one-person show in IT and wearing multiple hats to include troubleshooting desktop issues and managing the administration of all systems and network infrastructure.
- Candidate must have excellent customer service skills and customer service oriented.
- Candidate must be a Facilitator and be able to manage multiple IT issues at a given time.
- Candidate must have a blended background in systems and network administration.
- Candidate will serve as the point person for the IT department for 14 domestic locations and additional international locations.
- Candidate will need to have Cloud experience in modernizing the stack to move to the Cloud.
- Candidate will need to have experience moving platform to O365.
- Candidate will need to have experience in MS Exchange, Active Directory and GPO policies.
- Candidate will need to have experience in reviewing and improving security protocol.
- Candidate will need to have experience in virtualization.
- Candidate will need to have experience in LAN - WAN administration.
- Candidate will need to have networking skills in installing and configuring routers, switches and firewalls.
- Candidate will need to have strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- MS or BS in Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years’ experience administering enterprise-level infrastructure or applicable experience
- Experienced in MS Windows and Linux O/S
- Experienced in VMWare for virtualization
- Experienced in MS Exchange and Active Directory
- Experience with provisioning automation with either AWS Cloud formation or Azure Resource Manager Templates.
- Proficient in Power Shell, DSC, Puppet, Chef, or similar configuration management tools
- Familiar with Networking Protocols (HTTP(s), TCP/IP, TLS, SSH, DHCP, etc.)
- Responsible for configuration and maintenance of the enterprise server environment. This includes implementation configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, usage monitoring, and the development of specialized procedures relating to the use of the server and software environment within the enterprise
- Responsible for Data Center/Server Room operations; System provisioning, network configuration, administration of Linux and Windows.
- Configuration of Network attached storage for Virtualization backend and backups, SAN, iSCSI, NFS
- Responsible for backups and disaster recovery of all corporate infrastructure
- Design, develop, and support server and network deployments for technical programs; ensure system availability; OS builds/upgrades; system patching; apply OS configuration to new systems; troubleshoot host/server failures and related issues; perform routine data backups; documenting maintenance actions taken; infrastructure diagrams; document and prepare security mitigations
- Ability to spec system requirements, estimate cost, and provide quotes to meet project needs
- OS configuration with Active Directory, for policy enforcement though GPO, and user and group management
- Evaluate and propose use of open source and commercial software, frameworks, and tools where applicable
- Interact with other system administrators, network engineers, service providers to meet program goals.
- Primary point of contact for escalation (Tier III) from the Help Desk and/or Desktop Support Analyst for major enterprise systems – Windows/Linux, AD, ADFS, SSO, VMWare, Cloud Platforms, Office 365, storage and backup
- Provides primary or secondary support responsibilities for servers and all corporate applications
- Plan and recommend system or application modifications as necessary to improve performance or security
- Candidate must excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must have excellent customer service skills and be able to work with all levels of users from C-Level to the Receptionist.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Take charge personality.
- Quick learner.
- Detailed oriented.
- Flexible to change direction when needed.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Adaptable to work with different personalities.
- Strong leadership skills.
- US Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide Visa sponsor at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- No C2C
This opportunity offers a competitive salary, bonus, medical, dental, vision, flex spending account, 401K and paid vacation.
Please send your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com.