Senior Software Developer - Production Support
Houston, TX 77060 | Permanent
Nationwide Firm in the Greenspoint area of Houston, Texas is searching for a Senior Software Developer to work on special projects. This Software Developer will work on a variety of software projects to include feature enhancements, roll outs, production support.
The Senior Software Developer plays a critical role in production support on our development team. This role will require the developer to learn and support all of our existing applications. This developer will work closely with our application support team to troubleshoot, analyze, debug and provide fixes and updates to our existing applications and integrations. This position will also float between teams to help with design and development of new applications as well. We are looking for a web-based developer with strong programming skills to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for coding, enjoy working with others who share that passion, and interested in using / learning cutting-edge technologies.
Technical Skills Required:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in .NET Web Development
- Knowledge of OOP and Data Structure
- .Net, C# experience
- NET WebForms/MVC/WebAPI experience,
- NET, Entity Framework experience
- LINQ experience
- SQL Server, T-SQL experience
- HTML, CSS, Bootstrap experience
Desired but not required skills:
- Angular 1 or 2 or above, JIRA, TFS, SOLID, Design Patterns
- Agile/Scrum software development
- Analyze, design, develop, and debug code for existing software systems or new software solutions that meet the business needs and requirements
- Assist with the maintenance of full-stack software solutions according to software engineering design best practices for maintainable extensible code
- Work closely with your team to understand applications and business to write high quality code and program applications within deadlines
- Be able to quickly troubleshoot and respond in a timely manner for production issues
- Perform unit and integration testing before releasing code
- Work with application support team to assist with troubleshooting and fixing issues
- Work with scrum teams and follow Agile development methodology
- Interact with users and stakeholders to define system requirements and understand issues
- Work with business and users to ask questions to fully assess production issues to determine best approach for fixing
- Design, develop and maintain back-end integrations and APIs required to work with the applications
- Participate in Sprint planning meetings, design review meetings and daily scrum meetings when working on new application projects
- Use Jira to get requirements and acceptance criteria for assigned user stories
- Assist with application security compliance and secure coding practices
- US Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to sponsor at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- No C2C
This company offers a salary, medical, PTO, and retirement plan.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org