C# QA Automation Engineer
Houston, Texas 77008 Houston, TX 77008
Software Company located in the Houston Heights area is searching for a C# QA Automation Engineer to help them design automated tests to validate applications by creating scripts that run testing functions automatically. Company prefers a Software Developer that crossed over to QA automation testing for the role. The individual will work closely with the QA Architect Lead to define the test automation strategy and processes, bringing automation in line with the existing functional/regression aspect of the current test effort.
The C# QA Automation Engineer will collaborate across functional teams (QA Automation Architect, Developers, QA Engineers, and others) and report directly to and work closely with the QA Director and QA Architect to implement test automation strategy and process, bringing automation in line with the existing functional/ regression aspect of the current test effort.
Degree in a computing related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1.5+ years of relevant experience in software development, application and infrastructure, systems integration, application implementation.
- 4+ years of experience with Behavior Driven Development using Cucumber Spec Flow
- Proven technical experience in developing, maintaining and optimizing automated tests.
- Experienced in API testing is required.
- Experienced developing test scripts using NUnit, SpecRun and strong technical skills using Selenium WebDriver C#.
- Ability to create scripts beyond record and playback using C#.
- Specifically developing functions, libraries, adding control flow logic, loops and error handling etc.
- Strong knowledge in CI/CD – Continuous integration and Continuous Delivery systems.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, design and debugging skills.
- Solid understanding and familiarity with Visual Studio for Web testing/ automation.
- Experience testing ASP.NET, .NET 2+, SQL, Windows GUI.
- Experience with Load/ Performance testing tools.
- Excellent understanding of software design techniques and STLC.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of RestSharp, Appium, or Xamarin Test Cloud for mobile UI testing (nice to have)
- Implement and develop concise and easy to maintain test scripts that can be reused across a sub-system or feature.
- Design and create test scripts using C# to address areas such as database impacts, regression testing, negative testing, API testing, error or bug retests and usability in preparation for implementation or deployment.
- Work with the Architect lead in designing and maintaining KPI driven testing – web, API automation/performance framework(s) for continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain load & performance testing/ create metrics as and when required.
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide H1-B Visa sponsor at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- No C2C
This company is offering a salary with full benefits.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.