Senior Marketing Director
Solana Beach, California 92075 Solana Beach, CA 92075
Well-funded start-up company in Solana Beach, California is searching for a intrapreneurial ‘full-stack’ Senior Marketing Director to create, own, and lead all marketing efforts. This core team member will coordinate and drive all aspects of building a comprehensive marketing strategy and execution plan from the ground up. Once set, they will lead all campaign creation and evolution, the funnel lifecycle, analytics & reporting, marketing automation/drip/personalization, lead and customer nurturing, and continuous campaign optimization.
This includes creating and driving a discipline brand and content style guide, helping product define the voice and journey of the customer, all while establishing the tools and processes necessary for carrying out successful campaigns to maximize spend and ROI.
- A portfolio or demonstration of work that represents the process you follow to deliver exceptional marketing campaigns.
- Examples of successful projects you have contributed to.
- Previous experience working for a start-up company creating a strategic marketing plan.
- Previous experience building a marketing agency or working as a Marketing Consultant.
- Previous experience in product marketing and digital marketing.
- Minimum of 8+ years of all ‘full-stack’ online, digital, and offline marketing skills and experience
- Experience participating in multiple start-ups, building an internal Marketing practice from ground zero heavily desired
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated success in creating and delivering effective presentations to senior-level audiences
- Excellent interpersonal communication, relationship building, teamwork, and project management skills
- Demonstrated writing/editing skills (internal and customer-facing), with a focus on clear, concise communication to targeted audiences (or access to a trusted copywriter)
- Experience with CRM & Marketing Automation (MA): Expert desired, experience mandatory
- Strong proficiency in web analytics and a deep understanding of a/b and multivariate testing (and the tools used) with a focus on continuous testing and data driven decision making
- Must be hyper-organized with a Type-A personality including hyper attention to detail
- Experience in the construction/heavy machinery industry a major plus, but not necessary
- Marketing content calendar management; CoSchedule (or similar digital content calendar)
- Sharp eye for great design, along with experience with design tools & HTML is a plus but not required
- Work with leadership to establish proper strategy, brand, content, and process standards
- Develop comprehensive marketing strategy and tactical execution plan(s)
- Direct and coordinate all marketing activities and campaigns
- Oversee marketing & sales funnel activity, from outbound/inbound to the use of analytics to constantly maximize campaign spend and ROI
- Direct, monitor, and coach staff on all promotions and marketing calendar events
- Develop, execute, and monitor the integrated marketing strategy and supporting activities
- Direct market research/competitive intelligence activities to determine how A/B testing and other data impact strategy development and evolution
- Direct data management and analysis activities as they relate to sales and marketing campaigns
- Lead whole-lifecycle communications for inbound and outbound campaigns and creative
- Create content appropriate for digital, print, and multi-media marketing materials, to include direct marketing, PR, website, social, blog/community, brochures, videos, animations, direct mail, white papers, researcher spotlights, and editorials with minimal direction and input
- Lead and manage all social media activities and content including LinkedIn, Insta, Twitter, YouTube, and others
- Copy-writing and editing of customer-facing marketing materials, both print and digital, to ensure grammatical and technical accuracy, consistency with corporate brand standards and guidelines, and that all customer-facing materials are legally compliant
- Create, manage, and socialize an editorial calendar, collect and edit content from various contributors, and write original content for all weekly outbound and social campaigns
- Maintain consistency across customer-facing materials for brand voice, language, and product messaging
- Detail-oriented and meticulous, able to uphold quality standards of style and grammar to produce high-quality edited materials
- Manage projects and solve problems independently, effective at managing external resources, and excited to take on new assignments with minimal instructions and supervision.
- Excellent time management, able to prioritize and manage multiple projects successfully under tight timelines, be flexible, able to shift priorities when necessary to meet deadlines.
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide H1B Visa sponsor at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- No C2C with third party vendors or agencies
This company offers a competitive salary, equity, performance bonus and full benefits.
Please send your resume to email@example.com