Security Architect - CISSP
Spring, TX 77381 | Permanent
Company located in The Woodlands – Houston area is searching for a Security Architect. The Security Architect will have strong experience in building cyber resilient architecture, recommend and implement best practices to secure network and application infrastructure, protect information against unauthorized data access and loss, risk reduction and vulnerability mitigation, define and implement security controls to ensure the best balance of security, efficiency, effectiveness, and scalability while maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems, Cyber Security or similar field required
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) - required
- CCNP-Security (Cisco Certified Network Professional Security)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification)
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- 5+ years of IT Security experience, including at least 2+ years of hands-on experience in security architecture
- Working knowledge of security and risk frameworks such as NIST, SANS 20 Critical Controls, CSA, OWASP, etc.
- Security auditing experience to include knowledge of Payment Card Industry (PCI), SOX, SSAE16, etc.
- Deep technical knowledge and experience with security technologies and configurations including, but not limited to, SIEM, IPS/IDS, vulnerability management, WAF, Firewalls, VPN, encryption, authentication, Web and Email security, endpoint security, patch/configuration management, IAM, Application and mobile security, AWS Security, and network security
- Strong knowledge of information systems security standards and practices (e.g., security policies, access control, system audit and log file monitoring, risk identification and assessment, risk remediation, and reporting)
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills, cross-functional experience and demonstrated ability in exercising good judgment.
- An advanced understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects or activities, and effectively make decisions to prioritize tasks and allocate time given evolving business priorities
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with others, act proactively across business units and functions, harness different skills and experience, and build a strong sense of team spirit
- Ability to work in a multi-office environment and willingness to travel to other offices as required
- Action and results oriented with the ability to overcome obstacles, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation, and writing skills
The Security Architect’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for security across all endpoints, network, malware protection, defining and maintaining baseline security configurations for all systems
- Responsible for the design, integration, and deployment of security architecture in the enterprise, including SIEM, advanced threat monitoring and prevention systems, Identity solutions and secure mobile computing
- Assist in the design, delivery, and operation of the Vulnerability Management Program (VMP) including network and application vulnerability assessment and remediation
- Work with Systems and Network team to design security models; develop security requirements, review and recommend security configurations and installation of LAN, WAN, VPN, routers, firewalls, WAF, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards
- Develop policies and procedures to protect information systems and data
- Develop hardware/software/network security standards and procedures that support information security policies
- Design and deliver robust security architecture requirements for any IT project including, but not limited to, AWS, Mobile application, API, POS, and third-party integrations
- Analyze information security systems and data security risks to make recommendations and develop security measures to protect information against unauthorized data access or loss
- Perform and respond to security incidents, security operations, escalation, and remediation in conjunction with the CSOC
- Prepare system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Perform gap analysis across the organization to identify and document risk and to identify unnecessary complexity in existing processes and procedures; work with service and application owners on mitigation strategies
- Plan, research and design security reference documentation to integrate with various distributed systems
- Maintain continuous security by testing the controls to ensure they behave as expected
- Update and upgrade security systems as needed; participate in change management; and participate in after hour on-call support
- Perform other duties as assigned
- US Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to sponsor at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- No C2C
This company offers a salary, medical benefits, and 401K.
Please submit resume in MS Word format to email@example.com.