QA Analyst - MS Dynamics AX
Houston, TX 77024 | Permanent
Company in West Houston, Texas area is searching for a MS Dynamics AX QA Analyst to join their team and contribute to troubleshooting, testing, enhancement design, and user support of the Microsoft Dynamics AX application. This role supports all AX environments with a goal of minimizing business disruptions and contributes to the accuracy and integrity of the data within AX. The role includes gathering information, business process gap analysis, documentation, business requirements analysis for various departments and acting as the liaison in translating the requirements to developers, both internal and external.
The position will report to the AX Functional Business Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience including with Microsoft Operating System and Microsoft Office (any version).
- Windows Server, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, architecture, design, development, and configuration.
- Strong project management skills with effective results within an information systems environment.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Basic accounting knowledge (e.g. Debits and Credits, Income Statement vs. Balance Sheet and how they work together.)
- Minimum of 2 years direct experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, finance, purchasing, sales, inventory and product management, and production modules
- IT troubleshooting abilities.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and a genuine desire to help end-users, plus the ability to effectively interact professionally and cordially across all levels of employees.
- Ability to maintain necessary confidentiality of privileged information.
- Work in a team environment as well as individually.
- Must be self-motivated and have ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with other AX Team personnel to test, troubleshoot, coordinate, and maintain enterprise-wide AX functionality.
- Define, analyze, implement and document new AX functionality and business processes to meet business and user needs.
- Assist with functional maintenance for AX systems based on changing operational and business needs.
- Research AX transactional issues, identifying root causes and driving resolutions.
- Interface with end-users to identify, research, and resolve or facilitate resolution of technical service requests and providing continuous business application support for AX software.
- Help to upgrade and implement AX software.
- Coordinate with business process owners in the development of test scripts, policies and procedures relating to AX.
- Work extensively with internal and external users to assist in the process of analyzing existing systems, and gather and translate user and/or business requirements into business requirements documents, including functional and technical specifications.
- Assist with identification of options for potential solutions and assessment for both technical and business suitability.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; contribute to progress reports; recommend actions.
- Work closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Work to ensure that project deadlines are met.
- Write and maintain detailed systems documentation, including user manuals and technical manuals.
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Functions as a subject matter, process, and operational expert to conduct end user training.
- Assists in understanding general issues with the AX system and develops solutions, documentation and training where needed.
- Provide help desk support related to applications and services within job responsibilities above.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- US Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to sponsor at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- No C2C
This is a direct hire position with full benefits and bonus potential.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.