Project Manager - Infrastructure
Houston, Texas 77046 Houston, TX 77046
Financial Services Company in the Greenway Plaza area of Houston, Texas is searching for a Technical Project Manager with experience in managing infrastructure projects to be their Senior Coordinator Manager.
The Service Coordinator Manager influences and executes control processes, risk management and frameworks for reporting and communication and ensures that business expectations are articulated clearly and understood by the product and service delivery team. The Service Coordinator Manager builds relationships, requirements and the delivery of business analyses or projects for a client group and helps their clients most significantly through: business functionality, business case discipline, strategy and planning, and business liaison. Typically has 6+ years of experience in an Infrastructure role.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Management experience, ability to lead an manage more junior level people and to provide guidance and direction when they run into issues
- Strong general consulting/project skills ( ability to help clients define requirements, write statement of work, marshal resources, project management, scope control, risk management)
- "Client relationship management skills – Knowledge of/relationships with the CTO and Core Ops technology staff very valuable."
- Financial skills - basic understanding of depreciation vs. expenses, plan vs. actual, Relationships with Stakeholders and knowledge of processes such as COMIT.
- Problem solving skills e.g. ability to lead root cause analysis, save a project in trouble; escalate when service family deliveries does not happen
- Knowledge of development and infrastructure process lifecycles
- Strong interest in or knowledge of infrastructure technology e.g. servers, storage; networks, grid, etc.
Enterprise Job Description
- Performs project management responsibilities relating to IT implementations, upgrades, conversion and recovery.
- May also provides analytical support for IT projects.
- Develops and revises project materials and maintains project documentation.
- Defines and evaluates problems and plans effective solutions.
- Recommends improvements in project deliverables.
- Assists in defining the scope and impact of projects and effectively communicates the impact on the organization.
- Establishes project tasks, timelines and budgets and effectively manages them.
- Individual contributor role.
- Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience.
- This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Capital Markets
- Manage projects that involve multiple service divisions
- Manage expectations of both infrastructure management and clients
- Ensure routine client requests are handled and problems are addressed
- Verify infrastructure components are delivered on time and to the agreed specification of clients
- Represent group requirements and large scale programs while aligning to the bank and business roadmaps
- Work with the Client Relationship Manager, Development Manager, CTO and Core Team to articulate the vision for infrastructure, drive change efforts, and secure client requirements
- Support continuous infrastructure improvement efforts
- Communicate to the client on things such as cost of efforts, delivery dates, and use of external consulting teams
- Translate and communicate infrastructure and client business priorities
- Facilitate billing, reporting and cost effectiveness support
- Perform initial steps for escalations, researches and prepares follow ups
- Own and track infrastructure implementation tasks for business driven projects
- Candidate must have proof of the right to work in the United States.
- Unable to provide H1B Visa Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third party vendors or RPOs on a C2C basis
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Houston candidates preferred
This is a full time position with benefits.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org