Product Owner - Software
Houston, Texas 77056 Houston, TX 77056
Well Established Company located in the Houston, Texas Galleria area is searching for a Product Owner to work closely with the Software Architect and help re-architect a home grown ERP system and take it to market.
Candidate will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of product creation and evolution, from the ground up. This includes helping to drive a discipline MVP definition and storyboarding, owning the voice and journey of the customer, vetting and defining buyer and vendor personas, and translating all of the above to beautiful UX (User Experience) with the software development team.
The goal is to re-architect their current ERP system; take it to the Cloud; modernize the front-end; redo the database; and customize it for their industry. Once the new ERP system is re-architected – they want to package it and sell it as a SaaS suite management tool.
Once product has been defined, the Product Owner will work closely with the development team to lead the translation of software features into technical requirements (Features) and leads/manages the team’s product ownership end-to-end. This position will also define the software release plan and scope with platform lead / Marketing / Engineering teams. This role serves as the single voice of the customer and product into and out of Engineering.
- Expert at leading product definition & product evolution
- Expert in customer journey and creating user personas
- Expert product story boarder who defines/designs new product flows
- Experience using storyboard software a big plus (e.g., https://storiesonboard.com/ )
- Strong story mapping experience is a must
- Expert Agile process (Scrum) lead with strong cross functional communication skills
- Can clearly define and translate voice of the customer (VotC) to feature acceptance criteria
- Effective backlog groomer
- Expert at product, program, & project execution
- Efficient and effective solution delivery process
- Owns and promotes continuous product, UX, customer experiences
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Previous experience in a start-up environment
- Someone who will take ownership
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience is required
- Master's in Computer Science preferred.
- 10+ years of experience of full life cycle software development methodology (SDLC) experience
- 5+ years of experience leading journey of the customer and creating user personas using tools like storyboarding
- 5+ years of experience in requirements management and software architecture
- 5+ years of experience of Agile Software Development
- Built an Agile process from the ground up and/or worked with growing engineering teams
- Experience transitioning and transforming teams and organizations to new methodologies
- Start-up experience a major plus
Detailed Requirements / Preferences:
- Product and user workflow design and definition
- Agile technical project management of multiple software releases
- Work across multiple teams to develop solutions
- Lead backlog grooming sessions and drive solutions to completion via the Agile process
- Clarify any acceptance criteria, work with C-Suite, technical leads, and business leads
- Detailed knowledge of Configuration Management Systems and processes
- Demonstrated work as Scrum Master to identify and resolve impediments
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to influence and negotiate with senior leadership
- System Design: Knowledge of the system design procedures and the ability to translate functional business requirements into a customer-facing application/platform
- Value Proposition: Knowledge of procedures used to demonstrate the ROI of the solution
- Basic Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply the principles, tools and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or work plans to ensure successful completion (e.g., on time, within budget).
- Tools Familiarity: Familiarity with development and management tools Jira, VSTS, Adobe design applications, WordPress (a big plus), HTML5 (a plus), Process/workflow mapping tools, the MSFT Office Suite, Slack, GitHub, and other development support tools.
- Managing Supplier Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to balance relationships with suppliers utilizing the appropriate level of oversight, probing and persistence in order to achieve win/win agreements and relationships.
- Drive Innovation: Create new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product innovation).
- Collaborate with Systems, Customers, and Other Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the business.
Product Owner will immediately establish strong ownership of, and drive all aspects of, initial user and product definition, design. Once the initial product definition and design has been delivered, own and define the on-going product evolution and software release plan/scope with platform lead / Marketing / Design / Engineering teams.
This position will be single voice of the customer for all software releases to ensure engineering deliverables match the needs of the business owners and the customer. Manage the backlog for sprint and release planning post-development start through QA. This position will also raise risks / impediments to the program team. Works with VP of Product on staffing needs and project resource management.
- Collaborate with business team to translate business needs to technical requirements
- Implement/lead/manage all product related processes, practices, and tools that allow for multiple paths of delivery
- Recommend and drive improvements across the Engineering organization
- Manage relationships with internal departmental partners and external vendors
- Inspire others to adopt the new processes and improvements
- US Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide Visa sponsor at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- No C2C
This opportunity offers a competitive salary, bonus, medical, dental, flex spending account, 401K and paid vacation.
Please send your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com.