Mid Level Java Web Developer
Galveston, Texas 77550 Galveston, TX 77550 | Permanent
Company in the Galveston, Texas is searching for a Mid Level Java Web Developer to work on their development team building full life cycle applications for a variety of projects for business systems. This position requires 3 to 5 years of professional experience developing in Java. This is not an entry level position.
- 75% new development
- 15% support
- 10% maintenance
Graduation from college or university with a Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field and three (3) years of experience in programming and systems design OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience (required)
- 3-5 years of professional experience developing in Java
- Technical proficiency in J2EE development is a plus
- Strong background in developing UIs to create exceptional user experiences
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Commitment to excellent customer service and product development
- Strong team skills and the ability to work independently
- Detail oriented with good time management, multi-tasking and flexibility skills
- Application server experience (e.g. Tomcat, WebSphere)
- Frameworks: ExtJS, Spring
- Application Development experience using Eclipse
- Experience in developing modern Platform API based on SOAP and/or REST services
- Experience working with “No SQL” Databases such as MongoDB
- Knowledge of Avaya Voice Portal Management System, Avaya Experience Portal
- Agile Methodology
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support various call centers by writing well designed, testable, and efficient applications for the Jacada Workspace Agent Desktop
- Integrate software application with other systems (Avaya phone system, databases, and various backend systems)
- Write well designed, testable, and efficient business processes in the Jacada Agent Scripting tool
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Apply current programming standards and methodologies to all relevant projects and activities
- Keep current with existing and emerging technologies
- Provide expertise in the full software development life cycle, from conception and design to testing
- Must be an excellent communicator (verbal and written skills.)
- Take charge personality.
- Quick learner.
- Flexible to change direction when needed.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Adaptable to work with different personalities.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States
- Unable to provide H1-B Sponsorship
- No C2C
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States.
- Unable to provide H1B Visa sponsorship.
- No C2C
This company offers a stable work environment, benefits, 37.5 hour work week and 9/75 work schedule - every other Friday off.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com.