Java Technical Lead - REMOTE
Houston, Texas 77002 Houston, TX 77002
Managed Service Provider in the Cayman Islands is searching for a Java Technical Lead to work remotely from the United States. Candidate will join a team of Developers and work on Java based business critical online applications (not websites.) Candidate will need to a have a blended background in Java development and project management.
This company has extensive experience in operating world-class data centers hosting SaaS solutions. They are a 17 year old company with a solid client base focused on building long term client relationships and world class solutions. They have a business model for long term loyalty with their staff and clients.
Candidate will work remotely from a home office and on occasion be required to work outside of regular business hours and share on-call duties with other members on the Application Support team. Candidate will be given the opportunity to travel and work in a Caribbean lifestyle for one week each year when they visit the company’s headquarters and data centers in the Cayman Islands. Over time is expected in this position.
- A Technology Generalist that has a blended background in software development and project management that can lead Developers and drive the project to completion.
- Project management experience as a technical lead.
- Programming experience in JAVA; preferably has 5+ years as a JAVA developer
- Database experience – enough to be able to communicate with Developers, not as a DB administrator.
- Experience in Windows and Linux environment – not as an administrator, but comfortable with both OS.
- Experience working with web sites – needs to have been exposed to how web sites are created and managed.
- Experience with Angular 5+ is a bonus
- Associate Degree in electronics, engineering or computer science (or Technical Degree from two-year IT technical training program.)
Project Management Skills:
- Ability to manage project development from initiation to closure
- Ability to objectively and calmly interpret information and understand the business requirements which the application must satisfy.
- Project management skills in project planning, scoping out projects, managing timelines/schedules, documentation, managing project risks and scope change.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and communicate plans with stakeholders, vendors and internal/external customers.
- Complete work breakdown structure to estimate effort required for each task
- Provide a project schedule to identify when each task will be performed
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Act as a mediator between stakeholders and team members
- Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout project life cycle
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to sponsor
- 5+ years of Java development, technical support and maintenance background.
- 3 years of documented work experience in UI technologies is a plus.
- Programming core business transaction systems
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols
- API design for extensibility and portability
- Experienced in Responsive web design, Spring Boot, GIT, and Jenkins desired.
- Fluent in the English language required.
- Skilled in the Agile software methodology
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the USA.
- No C2C or Agencies
- Unable to provide H1B Visa Sponsorship
- Unable to relocate to the USA
Candidate will collaborate with software management and teams via Go-To meetings as required.
Candidate will be required to complete a satisfactory reference, background check and security clearance background check.
Candidate must be open to travel to the corporate office in the Cayman Islands 1-2 weeks a year for business purposes.
Candidate must have the maturity to work remotely from home and be productive to meet project deliverables.
Core work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, the client can be flexible (ex. 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 pm) with the work schedule as long as it’s the same schedule every day and every week.
Salary range will depend on experience. This is a direct hire position. However, the candidate will have a contract in place with the client in order to work with them. Client prefers someone who can make a 3 to 5-year commitment.
Employer will offer a flat amount for salary. The candidate will be responsible for purchasing their medical benefits, retirement and paying their federal income tax using the salary. Employer will pay for 3 weeks of PTO (vacation & holiday.)
Company will provide a computer and Internet connection (not a separate phone line since that’s all done VoIP with GTM, Telegram or Skype).
If interested, please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
President | HeadHunter | Technical Recruiter
Marie is a native Houstonian and has put her energy in building ProFound’s business relationships. She has specialized in IT and software development recruiting in the Houston area since 1999. You will often hear Marie tell people to “get-into-our-circle” because she knows people, companies and she’s working on new jobs all the time. As a professional networker, Marie practices good habits in business development, recruiting, customer service, working with a sense of urgency to help people. She believes in having a foundation of long term relationships in order to be a successful Business Owner, Recruiter and Business Developer.