Java Software Engineer
Houston, Texas 77008 Houston, TX 77008
Title Company in the Houston area is searching for a Java Software Engineer to work on their development team building software, writing code, and modifying software to fix errors. This position will require a Software Engineer who possess strong system skills to deploy and monitor the run time characteristics of the code. The Software Engineer will be involved with directing system testing and validation procedures and work with other business units to establish requirements. Candidate must have extensive knowledge of Java programming and the full life cycle software development process.
- 3+ years of experience in Java development.
- Strong Linux skill set to manage and enhance the company’s automated data ingestion and extraction pipeline
- In-depth knowledge of Shell scripting and Regular Expressions
- Experienced in TIFF image format is preferred
- Skills in Machine Learning (ML) and/or Natural Language Processing (NLP) is a plus
- IBM i experience is a plus
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancement existing systems and platforms
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to evaluate technology and consistently apply best
- Analyze, design and develop test and test-automation suites
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Must be an excellent communicator (verbal and written skills.)
- Take charge personality.
- Quick learner.
- Flexible to change direction when needed.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States
- Unable to provide H1B Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third-party vendors on a C2C basis
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
This company offers a competitive salary with benefits.
Please send resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org