Houston, TX 77002 | Permanent
Financial Services Company located in Downtown Houston, Texas area is searching for a Java Developer with Rates – eTrading experience for their Rates group in FICC (Fixed Income, Currencies, and Commodities) focused in expanding its global electronic trading platform through the development of next-generation low-latency market data and market access solutions, real-time position management, real-time credit checking, client quoting, algorithmic hedging and execution.
- College graduate with a Bachelors technical degree with strong computer science fundamentals or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of development and technical leadership experience in complex application development (primarily server-side) using Java along with a background in multi-threaded implementation and low-latency messaging.
- Solid understanding of Reactor Pattern focused systems.
- Experience working in Fixed Income eTrading technology.
- Agile development practices with a focus on writing thorough and testable code.
- Experience with message oriented middleware such as 29 West/Solace/AMPS/RV.
Personal Attributes Required:
- Senior Developer who is a quick study and has excellent communications skills.
- The person will be interested in developing their business understanding as well as the technical skills.
- Attention to detail should be excellent as should their ability to see ‘the bigger picture’.
Business Unit and Department Structure:
Fixed Income Rates is a global business with major trading centres in New York, London, and Asia Pacific.
Team Specific Structure and Responsibilities:
The eTrading front office technology team develops and supports the front-office applications responsible for electronically pricing, market making, and hedging in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. This particular role will report into the global eTrading technology team.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
This role will involve work developing and supporting the server side components of market making, pricing, and hedging applications used by various desks globally. The role will require close interaction with the traders, understanding their requirements, and developing and/or enhancing existing solutions to meet their needs.
- Building high-performance, low-latency trading components
- Interfacing with front-office traders to gather specifications/requirements
- Develop robust systems with an eye towards performance, supportability and maintainability
- Strong development practices including pairing, code reviews, unit testing and regression testing
- Collaborative attitude when interacting with other developers, support, and front-office
- Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience.
- Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment.
- Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture.
- Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications.
- Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk.
- Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages.
- Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers.
- Individual contributor role.
- US Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- No C2C
This position is offering a competitive salary and benefits.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.