Java Developer -- Investment Banking
Houston, TX 77098 | Permanent
Financial Services Company located in Greenway Plaza area of Houston, Texas is searching for a Java Developer working on an eTrading platform with experience in sovereign bonds and IRS (both d2d and d2c.) Candidate must come from an investment banking background.
The successful candidate will be involved in the development of the next generation eTrading platform for the Emerging Markets business. The initial focus will be sovereign bonds and IRS (both d2d and d2c). The project will evolve to cover other asset classes as part of a cross-line-of-business strategic initiative. The successful candidate will be involved in all stages of the software development life cycle and will have daily interaction with traders, quants and senior stakeholders.
- College graduate with a Bachelors technical degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience.
- Core Java Multithreading APIs.
- Extensive experience of distributed, multi-threaded system development in Java (Java 1.8 preferred).
- Experience of industry standard Continuous Integration and automated testing tools.
- Experience of KDB (Knowledge Database) is desirable.
- An appetite to work on a high profile project in a fast paced delivery focused environment with exposure to senior business sponsors.
- Sound knowledge of software engineering design patterns and practices.
- Strategic Thinking: Innovation & Creativity
- Business Results: Client relationships, Analytical ability, Execution
- Personal Effectiveness: Communication, decisiveness, energy and drive, courage and character
- Will be responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment.
- Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture.
- Candidate will work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications.
- Candidate is expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk.
- Candidate is typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages.
- Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers.
- Individual contributor role.
- US Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Unable to provide H1B Visa sponsorship
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- No C2C
This position is offering a competitive salary and benefits.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.