Enterprise Database Development Manager
The Woodlands, Texas 77381 Spring, TX 77381
Healthcare related company located in The Woodlands, Texas area is searching for a hands-on Enterprise Database Development Manager to help them manage and develop databases and supervisor and mentor a database team.
Enterprise Database Development Manager’s role is to plan, architect, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of database processes. The position is responsible for managing products that support the implementation of an enterprise-wide data warehouse strategy, the development, deployment, and adoption of business intelligence and reporting tools. The position is accountable for ensuring that everyone on the team knows and executes the designated role, feels empowered and supported in the role. The position also serves as technical adviser to management and ensures projects are aligned with the business goals.
- Minimum 10 years of work related experience in T-SQL, SSRS and ETL.
- If candidate has relevant education in computer science, computer information systems, or related field, lack of experience can be supplemented by education degree as follows:
- Microsoft/Management Certifications – 1 year
- Associate’s Degree – 1 year
- Bachelor’s Degree – 2 years
- Master’s Degree – 3 years
Functional & Supervisory Skills:
- Experience in requirement analysis, designing, proposing new business solutions, training and presentation of new or improved processes.
- Experience in project planning, prioritization, resource allocation and mentoring developers.
- Prior supervisory or management experience is highly desired.
- Proficient with one or more of the following based on Microsoft SQL Server Platform; T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Data warehousing, ETL, Power BI
- Understanding and comprehension of fundamental healthcare revenue cycle processes, concepts, and technologies is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform above listed essential job functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate with key stakeholders in the business to understand requirements and schedules
- Participate in requirement analysis for new projects and enhancements to current projects
- Acquire business knowledge of supported departments and develop thorough understanding of operational processes
- Create & maintain strong working relationships with IT and operations team members
- Develop strong partnerships and communication channels with key stakeholders
- Perform role of a technical adviser to management and ensures projects are aligned with the business goals
- Engage professionally with clients and vendors when required
- Advocate continuous improvement using Agile methodologies
- Proactively keep abreast of industry developments, skills and technologies and share information, ideas and best practice with development team
- Design normalized database tables with proper indexing and constraints
- Perform SQL query tuning and performance optimization on complex inefficient queries
- Collaborate with DBA on database design and performance enhancements
- Translate business requirements into report designs by collaborating with management
- Design ETL processes and standard procedures for data import
- Help implement an enterprise-wide data warehouse strategy
- Design data warehouse for reporting and data analytics
- Ensure all new developments go through an appropriate testing process and have solid release plans for hand-over to production environment
- Manage release processes for the progression of code in the development, test, and production environments
- Perform peer code review and mentor SQL developers
- Manage resource allocation by regularly accessing the prioritized project tasks and ticket list
- Perform supervisory duties like recruiting, orienting, training, scheduling, and coaching employees; communicating job expectations
- Provide developers timely, candid and constructive performance feedback and perform annual performance reviews
- Assist developers overcome roadblocks and maintain a high degree of productivity
- Execute and maintain project management processes in the areas of project schedule, quality management, resource management and change management
- Communicate regularly with team members and key stakeholders about project status, decisions, actions, and risk areas
- Ensure all developments are documented and meet design requirements
- Assist support analysts/developers with issues they are unable to resolve
- Work with SMEs/Business Analysts/Trainers to create user guide or training materials
- Give technical presentations for new functionality enhancements to the development/operations team
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States
- Unable to provide H1-B Visa Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third-party vendors or Consultants on a C2C basis
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Houston candidates preferred
This position is offering a competitive salary and benefits.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com