Business Intelligence Technical Lead
Houston, TX | Permanent
Company located in North Houston, Texas area is searching for a Business Intelligence Technical Lead with technical and functional skills. This person needs to be hands-on with business analysis and technical leadership. The Candidate should demonstrate leadership in driving test-driven software delivery, in-sprint QA testing, release management, and DevOps.
The Candidate will participate in all aspects of the Agile software development lifecycle to include product analysis, product roadmap, capacity planning, technical design, Jira/Confluence, and feature/user story backlogs.
The person in this role will work closely with customers & developers/vendors (onsite & offsite) within the team while working collaboratively with other IT groups like e-commerce, Supply chain etc. Tactical work includes injecting innovation into the current business process, understanding current systems at the code level, participating in UX/UI, creating technical designs to deliver solutions in alignment with features/user stories while supporting the completion of agile sprints. The person will also take point in the triage process for all incidents for BI/Reporting.
Candidate should demonstrate excellent ownership, a sense of urgency and good technical and leadership judgment. The candidate should possesses strong technical and communication skills,
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information systems or related fields preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the field with proven leadership skills.
- 7+ years of experience as an IT technical engineer
- 5+ years of real-world BI and reporting experience with a strong understanding of BI/reporting functions.
- Experienced in Tableau, QlikView/QlikSense products.
- 3+ years facing the business customers
- 2+ years of experience with Big Data applications/tech stack including Horton works
- Competent in web services (REST/SOAP)
- Knowledge of source control systems (SVN, GIT) expected
- Demonstrate technical and leadership skills: collaboration, ownership, sense-of-urgency and communication
- Responsible for working with relevant customer groups to inject innovation in business processes, create feature backlogs and related user stories.
- Responsible for leading development activities between on-site and off-site developers
- Understanding/learning the current systems at the code level
- Responsible for leading Triage of incidents in DevOps
- Responsible for maintaining Jira and Confluence
- Participate in UI/UX dialog with the business
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with other stakeholder groups such as project management, senior management and the clients.
- Responsible for working with the engineers to create optimal architecture necessary to create optimal application systems
- Work with the Director to identify risks, opportunities and associated corrective actions within the sprint.
- Coordinate code reviews and monitors source control merge operations to ensure any code collisions are handled tactfully and quickly with minimal impact on other work streams.
- Communicate cross-team dependency issues quickly and follows up to ensure prompt resolution.
- Ability to work on multiple streams/features simultaneously, keep momentum on each, and manage client expectations.
- Leverage and customize out-of-the-box solutions
- Communicate with managers about any issues or concerns
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to sponsor at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- No C2C
This company offers a salary, medical benefits, and 401K.
Please submit resume in MS Word format to email@example.com.