BI (Business Intelligence) Developer
Houston, Texas 77056 Houston, TX 77056
Well Established Company located in the Houston Galleria area is searching for a BI Developer who has a Business Intelligence background working in data analytics and data management. This candidate will be working on a new initiative to help this company to become data driven in a real-time environment. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the analytics and filling in the gaps between executives and the data reporting. The candidate must have a strong background in understanding business processes and be able to discuss how data can be used to support and improve those processes. This is a new ground floor position for the company.
This client wants an Expert in SQL Server, ETL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, and PowerBI focused in data retrieval, data organization, report writing, ETL, query development, analyzing and comparing data.
- 8+ years in Data Analytics and Data Management
- 8+ years working with Business Intelligence architectures and software
- 5+ years of experience and knowledge in design and development using Power BI
- 3+ years in AI and Machine Learning
- Experienced is Database Administration in SQL Server 2012-2017– required
- Experienced in PowerBI, Tableau, Olik and TARGIT development to write reports
- Knowledge of visual design, PowerBI dashboard, and PowerBI tools
- Cloud technologies – Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
- MS Dynamics AX – Dynamics 365 (dashboards and reports)
- Programming skills in R and/or Python (for machine learning and data mining)
- Multi-dimensional Modeling in Star Schema, Data Cubes and Snowflake Scheme
- Efficient in Data Analysis and Query Optimization
- Experience writing DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) Queries
- Must be proficient in data transformations, MDX functions, DAX functions in Power BI Desktop
- Data Visualization skills (candidate should be able to provide examples)
- Experience developing ETL routines and database procedures / functions
- Good Business Analyst skills capturing requirements and creating documentation
- Proven track record of providing documentation, training, and support
- Ability to work independently and with a team to drive priorities
- Attention to detail and strong sense of ownership
- Design and develop multidimensional data models (Data Cubes)
- Coordinate with company department heads to develop and validate reports and dashboards (Data Warehouses, Data Marts)
- Work with query languages
- Apply AI / machine learning / data mining to increase accuracy of analytics and focus business metrics
- Be the company Business Intelligence Evangelist
- Help the company understand where they can improve their data modeling and storage based on newest industry standard technology
- Prepare technical documentation, support / training materials, and conduct user training for small and medium sized groups (Power BI training is a must)
Candidate must have experience in the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Someone who is accountable for their own work product and is able to develop with a focused purpose
- Ability to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Someone who is a total self-starter who codes as a passion and looks to get better in their spare time
- US Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide H1B Visa sponsor at this time.
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- No C2C
Compensation will depend on experience.
Please send your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com.