Accounts Receivable - Credit Manager
Tomball, Texas 77375 Tomball, TX 77375
Well established company with multiple entities located in Tomball, Texas is searching for an Account Receivable – Credit Manager for their credit department. The primary function of the Accounts Receivable/Credit Manager is to oversee the accounts receivable portfolio for all the companies and provide leadership and guidance to the Credit Department staff. The key objective is to maximize the profit and cash flow for the company by ensuring that the overall investment in accounts receivable and bad debt losses are maintained at the lowest practical level. Critical success factors for achieving these objectives are:
- Develop appropriate credit policies and procedures and ensue alignment with corporate directives, business strategies and current economic and market conditions.
- Understand all applicable laws and statutory requirements pertaining to collections, credit assessment and risk mitigation
- Maintain a highly productive, experienced and motivated organization utilizing effective management tools (performance measurement, skills assessment and training, process training, teaming).
- Establish a constructive and professional relationship with both internal organizations and external customers as enablers to successful job performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of accounting, finance and/or credit experience
- Minimum two (2) years of manager of people experience
- Develop and implement the strategic plan for the credit department in alignment with the company’s strategy.
- Create and implement company’s credit processes; identify risks and opportunities based on the company’s business strategy and market conditions
- Evaluate and structure credit collections, and deduction resolution teams and create and implement or improve collection systems and processes
- Implement sound accounts receivable policies and procedures that improve the overall health of the business by maximizing sales and minimizing bad debt exposure.
- Review collection reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
- Provide data analysis to business unit managers for provisions for bad debt losses
- Advise financial management on major customer exposures and risks.
- Recommend and implement action plans to minimize financial risk and loss while maintaining customer relationships and highest practical sales volumes.
- Analyze customer deductions associated with rebates, returned material and pricing to determine validity.
- Re-invoice un-allowed deductions with sufficient explanation to collect immediately.
- Maintain effective communication of credit policy and procedures between customers, sales, marketing and finance.
- Establish strong, proactive partnerships with other corporate departments within the organization to minimize bad debt losses and improve service to our customers.
- Provide leadership, training, mentoring, and performance evaluations with all members of the department.
- Continue to assess, select and develop department staff and credit management personnel.
- Continually measure and evaluate existing customer payment performance to validate appropriate credit lines and terms.
- Provide management with reports related to the areas of responsibility and analyze and interpret results versus prior periods and goals.
- Provide corrective action plan for under performing metrics.
Position Success Criteria:
Strong written and verbal communication skills that are effective at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrates effective customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Financial Statement Analysis
- General Accounting Principles
- Risk Analysis
- Knowledge of Rebate, Pricing, Shortages, Warranty and Returned Material Process
- Negotiating Skills
- Knowledge of Order Management and Invoicing Processes
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Our client is unable to provide H1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
This company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
This company offers a competitive salary and benefits.
Please submit resume to email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
President | HeadHunter | Technical Recruiter
Marie is a native Houstonian and has put her energy in building ProFound’s business relationships. She has specialized in IT and software development recruiting in the Houston area since 1999. You will often hear Marie tell people to “get-into-our-circle” because she knows people, companies and she’s working on new jobs all the time. As a professional networker, Marie practices good habits in business development, recruiting, customer service, working with a sense of urgency to help people. She believes in having a foundation of long term relationships in order to be a successful Business Owner, Recruiter and Business Developer.