Houston, TX | Permanent
Small Company in the Greenway Plaza area of Houston is searching for a Web Developer to help them build an online training courseware system and work on their existing systems. The candidate will be responsible for the full life cycle system design, architecture and development of this system.
As a Web Developer you will design, modify, develop, write, and implement software programming applications and components. You will support and/or install software applications and components, write specifications, and work from pre-established guidelines to perform the job functions. You must be able to gather and understand requirements, actively participate in database design, perform data loading, design layout; verify accuracy, safety, and completeness of projects by implementing comprehensive testing and sample data; and provide source code and formal documentation. You must have the ability to stage complete database update and rollback scripts, and perform code deployment from development to test. You must also be able to work individually and on team projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- Microsoft certifications are a plus.
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Design, code and test new Windows and web software applications using object oriented design principles
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Create technical specifications and test plans
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation
- Consult closely with management, operations, and occasionally outside consultants related to projects and tasks
- Consult with colleagues concerning maintenance and performance of software systems
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Create and deliver data-driven reports
- Implement new software
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- All other responsibilities as assigned
- Net 2012
- Windows Server 2012
- SQL Server 2012
- C# or VB.Net
- Object Oriented Design
- Scalable design practices
- Experience with design patterns
- Candidate must have proof of the right to work in the United States.
- Unable to provide H1-B Visa Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third party vendors or C2C
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Local Houston candidates preferred
This company offers a small team environment and a compensation consists of a base salary and benefits package that will commensurate with experience and will be competitive with comparable positions at other eCommerce companies.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format along with your salary requirements to email@example.com.