Tools Tower Lead
Houston, TX | Permanent
Financial Services Company in Houston is searching for a Tools Tower Lead to be responsible for leading the Tools team's daily operation in proactive monitoring, alerting, reporting, and patching for all of the company’s systems. In addition, this position will lead the efforts to transform and enhance the company’s monitoring environment across the enterprise, working closely with the Operations teams to identify gaps and implement solutions that will drive improvements in reliability, performance and availability across all of the company’s systems.
- Technical expertise in SCCM/SCOM and other enterprise monitoring & patching tools.
- Experienced with Application Performance Monitoring and Real-Time User Monitoring Solutions
- Experience architecting and implementing monitoring and patching solutions
- Experienced working in a fast-paced environment with lots of moving parts.
- Provide senior level expertise on the Tools teams' applications, including but not limited to:
- System Center Operations Manager
- System Center Configuration Manager
- System Center Orchestrator
- HP BSM/BAC
- HP Sitescope
- Assist in defining the roadmap, architecture design, engineering (hardware and software) and optimization of the company’s monitoring environment.
- Oversee the strategy and solutions associated with the existing monitoring environment.
- Ensure all solutions designed and implemented are security-compliant per the company’s policies.
- Facilitate the establishment and implementation of System Center solutions.
- Review, advise and design standard monitoring for hardware builds and application systems.
- Develop and document the framework for integration and implementation for changes to System Center standards.
- Assist in the development and management of an architecture governance process for System Center.
- Provide technical guidance to service partners as appropriate.
- Assist our service partners in executing approved monitoring strategies.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing Business & Operational processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Meet with management and project team to define future processes.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to management, staff, and business partners.
- Prepare recommendations or alternatives for improving processes.
- Assist with preparation of documentation, user guides, and training materials.
- Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications so solutions are understood.
- Develop comprehensive project plans for assigned projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Role Specific Knowledge:
- Proficient in Event Management System (EMS) [preferably SCOM, Solarwinds & HP BSM/BAC].
- Enterprise patch management with hands on experience with SCCM.
- Experience in EMS tools solution design, implementation and support.
- Good knowledge on System center Orchestrator.
- Good knowledge and exposure to working in EMS.
- Good knowledge in designing EMS integration (SNMP, Web service, etc.).
- Hands-on experience in Zenoss monitoring system.
- Good experience on reporting tools like SSRS and Emite.
- Hands-on experience in SCOM implementation and customization.
- Hands-on experience in SCOM custom management packs development.
- Hands-on experience in agentless monitoring solution.
- Rich knowledge on HP BAC (Synthetic monitoring) and Sitescope.
- Knowledge on Solarwinds/Orion and other Network monitoring tools.
- Experience with APM (Application Performance Monitoring) tools.
- Hands-on experience in designing event filtering, deduplication, correlation methodologies.
- Understanding of Infrastructure & Network and related components monitoring.
- Ability to convince stake holders and implement best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of System Center best practices.
- Proven experience designing, implementing and supporting System Center.
- Background in IT operations, application development, and/or IT support.
- Implementation and integration experience with System Center.
- Experience with enterprise management tools.
- Strong analytical problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Experience with business and operational process improvement efforts.
- Experience in developing written documentation and deliverables is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Technical knowledge and experience with relational databases, Active Directory, and LDAP.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult around all key technical decisions during service delivery.
- Partner management experience.
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse team.
- Ability to dynamically adjust based on business or operational priorities.
- Ability to multi-task, document, focus on and execute multiple tasks with an attention to detail
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Computer Science or MIS is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in large IT operations, application development, and/or IT support which includes experience in enterprise monitoring.
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States
- Unable to provide H1-B Visa Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third party vendors on C2C
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
This company offers a competitive salary and full benefits.
If you are interested in this position, please include your hourly rate along with your resume in MS Word to firstname.lastname@example.org.