Technical Help Desk Support
Houston, TX | Contract-to-Hire
Financial Services Company in Southwest Houston is searching for a Technical Help Desk Support individuals that are skilled in installation, configuration, troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving issues with PC and laptops, LAN network connectivity, printers, and peripherals. This position will be responsible for the building, configuring, maintaining and updating of the end user systems, and will involve light system administration level tasks regarding active directory in a corporate enterprise environment.
- Associate Degree and/or related certification and 2 or more years of related experience in a Desktop Support environment
- Preferred: A+, MCP, ITIL, Network+
- Prior knowledge of Exchange, Outlook, Virus protection, LAN/WAN and TCP/IP and related software.
- Familiarity with system management tools, such as KACE
- Must have minimum of 2 years of related experience in corporate computing environment
- Experience providing hands-on and remote customer service and support for client.
- Provide software support from installing basic hardware/software and networking components to meet user needs.
- Manage, resolve and update tickets and escalate as needed.
- Conduct diagnostic reviews and produce error reports in order to identify and correct any problems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot basic software problems, install updates and upgrades in order to maintain proper functioning.
- May have to move various PCs and other PC related equipment as needed for user relocation or new office setup.
- Documentation of systems processes and procedures.
- Coordinate IT purchasing responsibilities – which will include working with vendors, end users and management staff concerning procuring, tracking, documenting and deploying hardware and software.
- Basic PC Computing training for end users
- Able to explain technical concepts to non-technical staff
- Light Active Directory and Exchange tasks: User object and mailbox creation.
- Manage distribution groups, file and folder permissions within an AD environment
- PC Software malware remediation and cleanup
- Use variety of diagnostic programs and tools to resolve computer problems
- Systematic Critical thinking skills and creativity a must
- Basic TCP/IP Networking concepts. Good fundamental understanding of IP Networking and troubleshooting.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Printer procurement, deployment and regular maintenance.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and strong verbal / written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both novice computer users and experienced professionals
- Must effectively manage time to make certain customer incidents are properly responded to in a timely manner
- Desktop imaging experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Microsoft Office 2010-2016 application support
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - Required
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support
- Ability to perform problem analysis and problem-solving
- High stress tolerance
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States
- Unable to provide H1-B Visa Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third-party vendors on C2C
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Houston candidates preferred
Positions: 4 openings
This is a 6-month contract-to-hire position.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format along with your salary and W2 hourly rate to firstname.lastname@example.org