Technical Customer Support
Houston, TX | Contract-to-Hire
Financial Services Company in Southwest Houston is searching for a Technical Customer Support individuals that enjoy talking with customers and providing them with technical support via the phone. The candidate must have excellent phone presence and be able to accurately gather requirements, diagnose issues, solve first-level problems, and effectively communicate processes, next steps and status updates.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or vocational training and certification in computers or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year customer service experience or demonstrated ability is required.
- At least two (2) years of experience providing basic support and understanding of PC and/or Microsoft applications.
- An understanding of the interactions between system components is also desired.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers in order to provide initial system telephone support service.
- Experience in utilizing a call-tracking tool is desired.
- Basic knowledge of the call center environment and the importance of time management skills desired.
- Well-developed typing/keyboard skills required (40 WPM).
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Must be comfortable operating in collaborative, shared leadership environments.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of the company
- Under general supervision is responsible for providing the single point of customer contact, support or resolution of basic inquiries, requests, and problems arising from software/hardware provisioning
- Knows, understands, incorporates and demonstrates the mission, vision and values of the company in leadership behaviors, practices and decisions.
- Addresses all customer contacts (e.g. phone, email, self-serve, voicemail and on-line access) promptly and efficiently within a specific timeframe in order to provide a defined level of service and availability to the customer.
- Provides initial support or escalates calls to appropriate system support teams if necessary.
- Assists majority of customers in resolving their issue during first contact.
- Resolves basic problems for various computer applications and provides user education
- Demonstrates an ability to understand the customer’s needs through developed listening and trouble shooting skills.
- Conveys information in a positive, effective and clear manner in individual and group conversations.
- Utilizes available resources as obtained through training to assist in troubleshooting issues in a call center environment.
- Documents issues in the issue tracking system utilizing clear and concise problem descriptions.
- Understands and follows defined departmental policies, procedures and processes in a team environment.
- Responsible for provisioning and user account maintenance.
- Interfaces with users and appropriate personnel providing log-in ID, access, connectivity and emergency removal to applications and systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - Required
- Knowledge of relevant call tracking applications
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support
- Ability to perform problem analysis and problem-solving
- High stress tolerance
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States
- Unable to provide H1-B Visa Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third-party vendors on C2C
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Houston candidates preferred
This is a 6-month contract-to-hire position.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format along with your salary and W2 hourly rate to email@example.com