Houston, TX | Contract-to-Hire
Financial Services Company in the Southwest Houston is searching for a Project Manager with experience leading technology projects related to software application development working with .Net technologies.
About the Project:
Candidate will serve as a Project Manager working on a variety of software development projects. Candidate must be comfortable working face-to-face with new customers, software development, business analysis, architectural and infrastructure teams. Candidate will be responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. This person will be responsible for the oversight of the entire project life cycle from project initiation to implementation for medium to large-sized project teams with moderate to high complexity and/or impact. Provides guidance to less experienced project team members.
- 4-year college degree in Information Systems or Management, Business Administration or Project Management.
- Prefer candidates with their PMP certification.
- 1 to 5 years of experience as a Project Manager – Coordination function which includes experience in a multi-resource project team setting.
- Project management skills in forecasting; project planning; scoping out projects; documentation of project status; and scheduling.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and communicate plans with stakeholders, vendors and internal/external customers.
- Manage project development from initiation to closure
- Analyzes business objectives and system requirements to define project scope, risks and budgetary constraints
- Manages project scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request forms
- Continuously monitors project needs and conducts quality reviews; escalates scope, budget, quality, timeline issues appropriately
- Identifies project-related problems and implements creative solutions
- Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout project life cycle
- Provides work direction to project team including assignment and review of project work
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team as needed
- Develops project schedule and assigns individual responsibilities
- Provide a project schedule to identify when each task will be performed
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders, business owners and project sponsors
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to sponsor
- Tracks project cost, risks, resource requirements and timelines
- Determines resource requirements and scheduling of resources accordingly
- Generates project status reports and presents updates to key stakeholders and senior management
- Accountable for third-party performance and deliverables
- Utilizes and promotes the company’s project management methodology
- Works with various software development methodologies
- Works with Microsoft Project
- Must have excellent communication skills (written & verbal.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational and management skills
- Must have the knowledge, skills and temperament to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Self-starter who takes initiative and follows through on tasks
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, able to work with multiple divisions/vendors and collaborate as a team effort Familiarity with project management tools and/or software packages
- Candidate must have proof of the right to work in the United States.
- Unable to provide H1B Visa Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third party vendors or RPOs on a C2C basis
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Houston candidates preferred
This is a 6-month contract-to-hire position.
If interested, please forward your resume and W2 hourly rate to email@example.com.