Project Manager -- 10% Travel Required
Houston, TX | Contract-to-Hire
Financial Services Company in the Southwest Houston is searching for a Project Manager with experience leading technology projects related to infrastructure, data center moves, and telephone systems upgrades. Candidate will be required to travel 4 to 5 days a week to different office locations to oversee weekend shut downs - maybe 10% travel required.
About the Project:
Candidate will serve as a Project Manager working on a variety of infrastructure projects. Candidate must be comfortable working face-to-face with new customers, software development, business analysis, architectural and infrastructure teams. Candidate will be responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. This person will be responsible for the oversight of the entire project life cycle from project initiation to implementation for medium to large-sized project teams with moderate to high complexity and/or impact. Provides guidance to less experienced project team members.
- 2 to 5 years of experience as a Project Manager implementing projects related to infrastructure implementations.
- Project management skills in forecasting; project planning; scoping out projects; documentation of project status; and scheduling.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and communicate plans with stakeholders, vendors and internal/external customers.
- Creates and maintains project documentation including project charter, project plan, project schedules, project files and status reports
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders, business owners and project sponsors
- Analyzes business objectives and system requirements to define project scope, risks and budgetary constraints
- Determines resource requirements and scheduling of resources accordingly
- Develops project schedule and assigns individual responsibilities
- Provides work direction to project team including assignment and review of project work
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team as needed
- Tracks project cost, risks, resource requirements and timelines
- Identifies project-related problems and implements creative solutions
- Generates project status reports and presents updates to key stakeholders and senior management
- Manages project scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks
- Accountable for third-party performance and deliverables
- Continuously monitors project needs and conducts quality reviews; escalates scope, budget, quality, timeline issues appropriately
- Utilizes and promotes the company’s project management methodology
- Works with various software development methodologies
- Works with Microsoft Project
- Requires expanded conceptual and practical knowledge within own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Performs a range of assignments and may lead projects within own discipline
- Participates in cross-functional projects and may lead project workstream
- Works with limited oversight
- Applies working knowledge of business and best practices gained through understanding of key business drivers and recognition of how own area integrates within organization
- Acts as a resource for colleagues, provides guidance to less experienced team members
- May lead projects with controllable risks and resource requirements
- Works within broad guidelines and polices
- Impacts quality of team or project objectives
- Solves complex problems
- Analyzes possible solutions using technical experience, judgement and precedents
- Must have excellent communication skills (written & verbal.)
- Explains complex and/or sensitive information in a straightforward manner
- Leads others to consensus
- Leadership skills (i.e. team work, decision making, stressful situations, problem solving, etc.)
- Strong understanding of project management, strategic planning, budgets, project metrics, risk management, project scoping, and contract negotiations.
- Experienced working with a diverse team.
- Someone who will take ownership of his or her work.
- Outstanding follow-through skills.
- Task oriented.
- Prefer someone that has solid tenure in their past employment.
- 4-year college degree in Information Systems or Management, Business Administration or Project Management.
- Prefer candidates with their PMP certification.
- Must be open to travel to data center locations to oversee weekend shut downs.
- 4 to 5 days at the end of the project.
- 10% travel required
- Candidate must have proof of the right to work in the United States.
- Unable to provide H1B Visa Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third party vendors or RPOs on a C2C basis
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Houston candidates preferred
This is a 6-month contract-to-hire position.
If interested, please forward your resume and W2 hourly rate to email@example.com.