Lawson Software Engineer - Team Lead
Financial Services Company in Southwest Houston area is searching for a Lawson Software Engineer – Team Lead with experience developing in Lawson 10.7.
Candidate will provide advanced application software development services on the company’s financial systems and the overall environment covering the following:
- Technical knowledge in Infor Lawson V10.7, WebSphere, Crystal Reports, workflows, add-ins with experience in custom development, upgrading versions, customizing the Lawson application and troubleshooting.
- Skilled in modifying and developing program logic for new and/or existing applications, programs and enhancements.
- Must be competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of applications programming activities.
- Skilled working closely with IT Architecture, Quality Assurance and Infrastructure to ensure solutions are aligned to overall functional strategy.
- Experienced mentoring less experienced Developers on design, theory and execution of design plans.
- Candidate must be able to lead Developers and/or Consultants as needed.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Typically requires 8+ years of related work experience.
- Lawson/Infor v10 required.
- Must possess deep knowledge of and act as the in-house expert on the following Lawson-related technologies:
- Lawson Business Intelligence (LBI)
- Crystal Reports
- Infor Process Automation (IPA)
- SQL DB
- Expert Knowledge of Lawson's ProcessFlow toolset in a large scale windows environment.
- Experience in developing complex integrations between Lawson and 3rd parties.
- Strong understanding of business processes including, GL, AP, BL and AR, HR, PR.
- .NET, VP, Windows scripting, SQL and SSRS scripting.
- Experience working with Infor/ InforXtreme support to solve complex issues.
- Experience with Lawson Design Studio.
- Experience with Lawson/Infor integrations between Lawson MHC, or any other document scanning software.
- Exposure to LMK Security is a plus.
- CASE and COBOL strongly preferred.
- Experience with Lawson/Infor and MHC, Vertex strongly preferred.
- Design solutions in order to solve complex integration issues while minimally supervised.
- Must be able to create easily read and understand Integration and Deployment Documentation.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008R2, 2012, and SQL 2008, 2012, and 2014.
- Experience with TFS is a plus but not required.
- Application development in Mongoose a plus but not required.
- Works closely with development, infrastructure, QA and support teams to optimize all Lawson applications and components such that it runs efficiently and effectively for the organization.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications
- Utilizes complex testing methodologies to evaluate deliverables for assigned projects and resolves problems found in the software
- Designs and develops framework
- Designs, develops, and launches new programs and program enhancements
- Contributes to or may lead design meetings
- Produces deliverables from design and code reviews
- Documents and communicates progress throughout projects
- Reviews and advises on solutions developed by less experienced engineers
- Works with internal and external users to gather, analyze and scope IT requirements and specifications based on business needs
- Advises customers on application, functionality and maintenance of software
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented
- May contribute to strategic planning through ongoing research
- Leads development of software applications to make business processes more efficient and effective using technology based on Microsoft development tools
- Analyzes information, requirements and specifications to develop solutions for web and windows based applications
- Modifies existing applications/solutions to implement additional features and functionality
- Designs and creates C#/MVC-based solutions
- Designs and creates advanced SQL based solutions using tables, functions and stored procedures with T-SQL
- Researches and analyzes existing application code bases to learn and enhance with little guidance
- Ensures programming results meet end user requirements based on business needs
- Exhibits proficiency in Agile, Scrum, Project Management and SDLC methodologies
- Requires in-depth and/or breadth of expertise within own function and broad knowledge of other functions
- Provides advice within area of expertise and may contribute to development of organization functional strategy
- Regarded as technical expert within discipline
- Anticipates business and regulatory challenges
- Recommends improvements to product, process or service
Leadership & Impact:
- Leads complex or specialized projects
- Works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Impacts direction of program, project or services
- Solves unique problems with broad impact
- Develops creative solutions through conceptual and innovative thinking
- Communicates complex ideas across functions and levels
- Successfully persuades others to adopt a different point of view
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States
- Unable to provide H1-B Visa Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third-party vendors on a C2C basis
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Houston candidates preferred
Client is open for discussion for direct hire or contract-to-hire placement on a W2 Only.
Depends on experience.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.