Lawson Application Delivery Manager
Houston, TX | Permanent
Financial Services Company in Southwest Houston area is searching for a Lawson Application Delivery Manager with experience developing in Lawson 10.7.
Candidate will provide advanced application software development services on the company’s financial systems and the overall environment covering the following:
- Technical knowledge in Infor Lawson V10.7, WebSphere, Crystal Reports, workflows, add-ins with experience in custom development, upgrading versions, customizing the Lawson application and troubleshooting.
- Experienced in working with business partners, other delivery teams and infrastructure IT managers to prioritize the work for the area.
- Skilled in modifying and developing program logic for new and/or existing applications, programs and enhancements in line with the corporate goals, quality goals and adheres to the planned schedule.
- Skilled in generating all RCA’s and sending those out timely to the Director and Business Partners.
- Must be competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of applications programming activities.
- Skilled working closely with IT Architecture, Quality Assurance and Infrastructure to ensure solutions are aligned to overall functional strategy.
- Experienced mentoring less experienced Developers on design, theory and execution of design plans.
- Candidate must be able to lead Developers and/or Consultants as needed.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Typically requires 8+ years of related work experience.
- The Lawson Application Delivery Manager will manage a team of Developers and Business Analysts who are focused on providing advanced application software development service on the firm’s financial, mortgage and legal systems.
- Must have previous experience managing, mentoring, guiding, hiring and evaluating a team of Developers and Business Analysts or similar.
- Past experience managing teams using: .NET, VP, Windows scripting, SQL and SSRS scripting, and Java.
Must possess deep knowledge of and act as the in-house expert on the following Lawson-related technologies:
- Lawson/Infor v10 required.
- Lawson Business Intelligence (LBI)
- Crystal Reports
- Infor Process Automation (IPA)
- SQL DB
- Web Services
- TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Windows Server 2008R2, 2012
- SQL 2008, 2012, and 2014.
- Web Portal
- Prior experience in developing complex integrations between custom in-house systems and 3rd parties using an ESB.
- Exposure working with a strong matrix environment to support to solve complex issues.
- Design solutions in order to solve complex integration issues while minimally supervised.
- Must be able to create easily read and understand Integration and Deployment Documentation.
- Optional: Management of mobile App development.
- Works closely with development, infrastructure, QA and support teams to optimize all Lawson applications and components such that it runs efficiently and effectively for the organization.
- Directly manages developers and business analysts.
- Ensures all development, custom workflows, upgrades and reporting meets the highest IT and corporate standards.
- Knowledgeable and experienced at utilizing complex testing methodologies to evaluate deliverables for assigned projects and resolves problems found in the software
- Reviews and works with architects and tech team leads to ensure all designs, future state and roadmaps are up to date and work with all the other team’s roadmaps. Ensures all vendor software is in compliance and working at top efficiency.
- Manages all designs, development and ensure successful launches of new programs and program enhancements
- Contributes to or when needed may lead design meetings
- Ensure the team the systems documented properly and the team produces deliverables from design and code reviews for each project.
- Ensures the assigned PM or lead is documenting and communicating timely accurate progress throughout projects.
- Reviews and advises on solutions developed by less experienced engineers
- Ensures the team has gathered from internal and external end users the needed scope and IT requirements/specifications based on business needs.
- Advises IT management and business partners on application, functionality and maintenance of software
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented
- May contribute to strategic planning through ongoing research
- Manages the development of software applications to make business processes more efficient and effective using technology based on Microsoft development tools
- Career experience in analyzing information, requirements and specifications to develop solutions for web and windows based applications
- Manages all modifications to existing applications/solutions to implement additional features and functionality. This includes experience with: C# and MVC-based solutions, advanced SQL based solutions using tables, functions and stored procedures with T-SQL
- Works with the team to assist with any research and analyze existing application code bases to learn when so needed.
- Ensures programming results meet end user requirements based on business needs
- Exhibits experience in Agile, Scrum, Project Management and SDLC methodologies
- Requires in-depth and/or breadth of expertise within own function and broad knowledge of other functions
- Provides advice within area of expertise and may contribute to development of organization functional strategy
- Regarded as technical expert within discipline
- Anticipates business and regulatory challenges
- Recommends improvements to product, process or service
Leadership & Impact:
- Leads complex or specialized projects
- Works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Impacts direction of program, project or services
- Solves unique problems with broad impact
- Develops creative solutions through conceptual and innovative thinking
- Communicates complex ideas across functions and levels
- Successfully persuades others to adopt a different point of view
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States
- Unable to provide H1-B Visa Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third-party vendors on a C2C basis
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Houston candidates preferred
Candidate may be required to travel up to 5%.
This position offers a competitive salary and full benefits.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.