Java Web Developer
League City, TX | Permanent
Company in the League City – Houston area is searching for a Java J2EE Software Developer to work on their development team building full life cycle applications and automating processes for systems.
The Java J2EE Developer will work on project work, new development and maintenance of existing systems.
- 60% - new - client side development
- 40% - service requests
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, CIS or MIS required.
- 5-10 years of experience in web-based software development environments and demonstrated ability in Java J2EE development
- Experienced in Rational Application Developer, WebSphere Application Server and WebSphere Portal Server is a plus.
- Experienced with the full product life cycle development process to include requirements gathering, prototyping, test, QA and deployment of applications.
- Database skills in SQL Server 2008 – 2012 and DB2 with experience in verifying and creating complex views, queries, and stored procedures.
- Knowledge of network and hardware relating to the delivery of Internet Services.
- Resolve problems in a production environment and extend functionality within current web-based applications
- Develop new solutions and systems
- Understand how and when to incorporate technologies to provide the very best service in response to business needs
- Acquire and assimilate knowledge about current systems both to understand the relationship to business needs and objectives and to understand the dependencies between systems
- Must be an excellent communicator (verbal and written skills.)
- Great customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with constant change in a more than satisfactory manner.
- Take charge personality.
- Quick learner.
- Flexible to change direction when needed.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Adaptable to work with different personalities.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States
- Unable to provide H1-B Visa Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third-party vendors, RPOs or consulting companies on C2C
Compensation and Benefits:
This company offers a base salary and full benefits with a stable working environment. Relocation assistance is available for individuals willing to make a 2 year commitment to the company.
Please send your resume in MS Word format and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.