Help Desk Support
Houston, TX | Contract-to-Hire
Financial Services Company in Houston is searching for a Help Desk Support person who can travel 100% to different office locations across the USA to set-up desktops for the company. Candidate must have the following skills:
Provide a single point of contact to the organization for information technology related problems. Assist business customers with telephone, email or trouble ticket enquiries to resolve or escalate IT systems issues and problems. Provide support and incident management and client communications for IT systems faults and service requests.
- Provide first line support for any information technology issues and problems.
- Provide assistance by phone, email and/or using a ticket management system.
- Track issues to resolution.
- Update the internal knowledgebase with issue resolution details.
- Track user account creation, changes and deletions.
- Perform password resets and re-certify tokens.
- Support computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones and applications.
- Maintain user accounts including rights, permissions and systems groups.
- Manage critical incidents.
- Escalate problems as required to Tier 3 support teams and support teams.
- Quickly and accurately determine incident scope and impact.
- Follow up on tickets at pre-defined intervals until resolved.
- Act as a liaison between customers and technical escalation teams.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of basic computer and printer hardware
- Knowledge of Citrix and VDI, Windows XP, 7, 8 and 8.1. Remote desktop software such as bomgar or log me in, ticketing system (Service Now, SDE) VPN and imaging computers, also, relevant call tracking applications
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support through remote session
- Must be an excellent communicator (verbal and written skills.)
- Ability to perform problem analysis and problem-solving
- High stress tolerance
- Driven to complete tasks.
- Take charge personality.
- Quick learner.
- Flexible to change direction when needed.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Adaptable to work with different personalities.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States
- Unable to provide H1-B Visa Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third party vendors on C2C
Candidate must be open to travel 100% domestic across the USA to different office sites each week.
This is a 6-month contract position.
If you are interested in this position, please include your hourly rate along with your resume in MS Word to firstname.lastname@example.org.